• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPMS

I use this: https://www.harborfreight.com/tire-gauge-with-flex-hose-63955.html

Jokes aside, I don't know if TPMS is a common modification around here. I've seen a bunch of simple ones on Amazon that use special valve stem caps, but I've not tried any of them since the Jeep's a second vehicle and I prefer to just put a dial-type manual gauge on from time to time on my daily driver.

Is this something you're doing for the "gizmo factor", or is Australia doing something crazy like forcing you to refit a TPMS into a vehicle that not only never had it to begin with, but largely predated the concept (for civilian vehicles anyway, I think the military Humvees had them back then)?

I have destroyed 2 brand new MTZs in the last 6 months because clay got under the bead causing the tire to go flat. I didn't notice and continued to drive on it which ripped up the bead. I was thinking if I had an alarm to tell me when the tire was flat I could have saved myself a couple of MTZs. Maybe if I got some beadlocks I wouldn't need the TPMS.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

If your running tire pressures that low, I don't any TPMS that would read that low to begin with. If that's the case then beadlock's are in your future.

I use this:

medium.jpg

Me too.

Last edited:
Back