• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Short Notice, Anza Borrego Desert Run this Friday the 15th

sdspearo

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
It's been years since I've been out there and should be good weather after the recent rains.

Planning to check out Pinyon Mtn and Sandstone Canyon. Out of Sandstone Canyon we can either exit via Fish Creek to Ocotillo Wells on the 78 or continue South and exit via Canyon Sin Nombre or West via Vallecito wash out to the S2. Mostly smooth wash roads with some minor obstacles, stock vehicles shouldn't have any issues. Popular trail spots are "the squeeze", heart attack hill, Diablo drop-off and the mud caves (if we exit South), and the wind caves (if we exit out North). Should be a full and fun day. Post up if you can make it.

I was just mentioning to my wife about going out there this Saturday to see the wildflowers

One of the reasons I'm going on a weekday is I hear that there can be traffic jams of all the people checking out the "super blooms", if you can believe that (!)

One of the reasons I'm going on a weekday is I hear that there can be traffic jams of all the people checking out the "super blooms", if you can believe that (!)

I totally can believe it but if we are out on some 4x4 trails I don’t expect there to be too much traffic there lol

Hey now, wildflowers are a part of why I like being out on the trail. They is so manly!

:)

Hey now, wildflowers are a part of why I like being out on the trail. They is so manly!

:)

Some wildflowers were in bloom where we where, but nothing like a so called "super bloom'. Lot's of the migrating butterflies though :thumbup:

Back