• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dr. Dirt is in surgery

Try again after everybody in my house got Covid! I finally got the entire engine assembled, now I have have to measure for pushrods and order up some custom ones.
P1090167.JPG

It's where I started my first business 40yrs ago and still my first "love". Between fitting parts, masking, painting, polishing aluminum and stainless it's still a labor of love as all motors are to me!

I got the "big bore" pushrod tubes and valve covers installed.
P1090173.JPG

P1090172.JPG

I forgot to add what started this project in the first place!
P1090174.JPG

Yesterday I removed the "inner" valves springs for the cam break-in and now I'm waiting on some custom pushrods to arrive before starting it up. I can tell you that re-installing the inner's with the motor installed in the bug will be a little trickier!

Still waiting on the pushrods to come in, but in the mean time I've spent a week+ trying to see if I can work some "beehive" valve springs in! A lot of measurements and phone calls so far along with ordering some sample spring retainers and locks.

I got my last retainer sample in and it works so I've got a combo that will work! Today I ordered up a full set of retainers and a set of beehive's.
P1090180.JPG

I got the valve springs in along with the pushrods and rocker arms.
P1090182.JPG

P1090183.JPG

P1090184.JPG

As far as I can tell it's the first time it's ever been done on my type set-up, it took some time/money and a lot of phone calls to find a combo that would work!

Back