• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP PLEASE

rebelcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 89 xj and for the last 3 weeks I've been tring to install the tourqe converter I really need help I need to get my jeep out of my friends drive way. any help on how to install the TC would be greatly apreaciated:confused:

You might want to explain what it is that you have done sofar. What is it that is not working for you? 3 weeks is a long time to be fooling with a TC.....:huh:

I can't get the TC to go on more than hafe wayon the in put shaft. I think that the gears in side the TC are droping so they wont line up with the grooves on the input shaft

Just a noob here but make sure the old and the new TC look the same. (Hard to make the wrong part fit.) Also IIRC you may have to rotate the TC as you hold it straight to allow it to mesh properly to the imput shaft.... HTH....Al

It will only fit two ways each are 180 degrees apart from each other. That is all that I can remember.

for future reference, and I know the manual says otherwise, but I have always found it easier to leave the TC on the tranny. Bolt the engine up, then you can just spin it till it lines up with the flywheel.

Back