• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upload fail - PDF Document

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you possibly give any less information? Most specifically, what board?

Turns out this is not directly a vBulletin configuration like I thought it was. I'll have to work on this on a separate server here, and that won't happen until next week.

Jeff, I appreciate your time and effort on this.
It is not a high priority. However be kinda interesting to know what's the deal if VB isn't imposing a size limit to PDFs. Hmmm...

I didn't want to break up the article into 2 pieces... However it appears that even though Word is compressing the JPG quality to 200dpi, it can be further compressed to 96dpi before assembling the pieces in Acrobat.

I will try this.

Thanks for your help guys :)

I extracted Pages 1-5 and 6 though 9, saved them as different names, and tried to upload them. VB replaced the upload window with a VB logo'd Database error screen when upload was complete. Happened with both files.

Tried compressing the images in word on pages 1-5 and rebuilding as a ACROBAT file.

Same result.

File size=1,743.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
OK, I've been playing with chopping up the document. The upload limit appears to be around 1M, Above that and it bombs. That bites, one page alone is 460K and that's at 96dpi compression on images.

Jeff, I hope this helps.

More playing... Instead of converting the HTML document saved from the web, I cut and pasted the text and images into Word, then cleared the Formatting, and converted. The entire Document with only a couple of images dropped out for clarity, was well under the 1M size.

Jeff, you can delete this thread after you have read it.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back