• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thinking about moving to CO

codyj86

NAXJA Forum User
My wife and I were born and raised in MN and we are looking for some change. I'm 22, my wife 21. no kids. but we will eventually. I've got some freinds who grew up in Co. springs and are try to convince us to move. I've been to co. 3-4 times for various reasons and loved it each time. from what i've been reading, Colorado Springs seem like a decent place to live, altough i've never been there.
I work as a GM tech, altough that can for sure change as I'd like to go back to school again. My wife works at a call center for Verizon Wireless as a advanced tech rep. we make decent money and are fairly secure in our positions at work.
So, I'm just looking for opinions. Where should we move to do you think? Is there atleast some job opening available? We are going to come down there for a week this summer to check it out again. I think we're just going to go to Denver though as it will also be a vacation. I'd like to live close enough to Denver I can make a one day trip out of it if i want to, but far enough away i'm not in the middle of the city. So, feel free to give me the pro's and con's of Co. and of course off roading will be nessesary.

Thanks much.

Littleton! not too far from denver. Not sure about any jobs in this area. I would start by calling GM dealers out here and see if they cant do a transfer. My brother moved here from Wisconsin and works for Coke, and got a transfer. not sure if you could do that or not. Just a couple thoughts

ya the 'burbs of denver are nice....castle rock is close drive but far enought o get away....

Right now a lot of houses are selling at distressed prices which means they are cheaper than they were but are still kind of high and jobs are kind of hard to come by

Ya, I read that our housing prices dropped around 5% as opposed to 13% nationally.

Best place I've lived. The Rockies (the mountains not the baseball team) are the obvious big attraction, but there's quite a few nice things about this place. Ton's of stuff to do outside year round. There's some great golf courses. Denver night life is pretty good. The metro area is fairly large and it's basically one big city, even though there are several different municipal gov'ts. Most of the 'burbs are nice in their ways. Might depend on where you end up working vs. how much driving/traffic you're willing to put up with.

I live on the north side in Thornton. With no traffic(pretty rare), I can be parked downtown in 15 - 20 minutes. It's about 25 miles for me to get to work on the south side in the Denver Tech Center (city of Greenwood Village) and it takes about 35-40 minutes when I leave the house by 6 or 6:30. If I leavve later than that it takes closer to an hour. I've gotten stuck in traffic on the way home and made the commute in about 2 hours. It's not the norm, but it does happen once in a while.

Most winters will be mild by MN standards, but still gets down below 0 a few times. Snow's usually gone in a few days. Summers can be really hot, but it's not very humid.

NO NO for GOD sake do not do it................ You WILL hate it, this is the worst place to live!! Drugs, crime IT is a nightmare....................... and TAXES, they are through the roof!! :D

ok. so far i've got 4 helpful replies, one of which who loves to talk about traffic, and one who says it's the worst place in the world to live with a giant grin afterwards.
This is looking better and better the more I read! haha.
Driving isn't much of an issue. I've got a 3 hour round trip commute right now. But it wouldn't hurt my feelings if I could cut that down to about 15-20 min one way. maybe less...

NO NO for GOD sake do not do it................ You WILL hate it, this is the worst place to live!! Drugs, crime IT is a nightmare....................... and TAXES, they are through the roof!! :D

Shut up! and keep to the plan:
We're only trying to keep out the left coasters.

Those from TX and MN are now welcome - pending a background check of course. :D

hahaha....dont be mad some of us left coasters can handle driving in inclimate weather better than some natives...even if we does have us some dat public edumacation!...lol
no colorado is a great place....moved a lot due to military and i always end up back here....
just pick a good 'burb to live in...nothing is really far from anywhere....even if you lived in the springs and worked in denver...thats barely an hour trip

I moved here from Iowa almost 2 years ago. Love it here. Denver metro will have your best options for jobs. Parker CO is ranked one of highest in the nation for growth right now. Nice little town SE of Denver. I live SE Aurora right now and when we move we going to move down there hopefully soon. Waiting for our kids to finish the school year. So check out Parker. Nice town growing pretty fast. And there are few dealerships in town there. And not far from there.

Those from TX and MN are now welcome - pending a background check of course. :D

Ok, but he must know that a proper background in goin to take a few years........:D

I thought we passed a rule that anybody moving to Colorado had to bring their own job with them???? :gag:

Upon additional consideration, the invitation has been revoked.

Colorado used to be a happy red state:

10d847d.gif

However, due to a virus brought to Colorado primarily by left coasters, it had turned blue.

29e3gk8.gif

We are in the process of using blue-be-gone selective methods to turn Colorado back to a RED state.
Hell, just think about what the word Colorado means! RED!
And since I see that MN has been a blue state for a while, you'll have to spend 10 years in Texas before you can move to Colorado.

Upon additional consideration, the invitation has been revoked.

Colorado used to be a happy red state:

10d847d.gif

However, due to a virus brought to Colorado primarily by left coasters, it had turned blue.

29e3gk8.gif

We are in the process of using blue-be-gone selective methods to turn Colorado back to a RED state.
Hell, just think about what the word Colorado means! RED!
And since I see that MN has been a blue state for a while, you'll have to spend 10 years in Texas before you can move to Colorado.
Or 10 years in Kentucky.

I appreciate traffic report. Just a good chuckle.

ALSO! I myself am a red person stuck in a blue state.

Note the red dot:
29e3gk81.gif

So, no problem there. I will help you return your state to it's natural color.

oh, i've been to washington too. but you get 300 days of sunshine, they get 300 days of rain. So washington is not an option. sorry...

Last edited:
Back