• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HEAT>>>

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
just wondering .... today was one hell of a hot day and i come out to see coolant under the jeep and i just changed my waterpump and hoses, and i didnt find drips from there so i assumed it was from my overflow?!

Jeremy89XJ said:
This may sound stupid, but did you remember to tighten the lower rad hose to the pump? I won't go into why this is the first place I would look...
--Jeremy89XJ:roll:--

Whenever I do hoses on the water pump I put a coat of Indian Head gasket cement around the first 2" or so of the inside of the hose, then install. Once you clamp them down the indian head seals it very nicely. I had a 82 S10 2.8L that I replaced the water pump on and it would leak no matter how tight I made the clamp, two quick roundy rounds with the Indian head, back on, clamp and tighten with a 1/4" drive it never leaked again. Also unlike RTV Indian head does not get a death grip on the two surfaces.

Depending on the year, I would look at the heater control valve. I got a replacement from advance auto that leaks unless you have either the heat or vent on. Can't figure it out so I plan to just run straight hose.

its a 2000 and there are no leaks coming fom the new hoses or pump.....and whats the heater control vavle?!

Blaine B. said:
Temecula was a beautiful place, FYI...now back on topic :)
hahah y thanks ya, i loev it, except for the DAM HOT weather lol;)!

Blaine B. said:
I was there maybe 6 years ago or so, liked it alot!

I'll take the hot weather compared to the winter we have here in doucheland. < lol

ya i pretty use to it playin football in it but still everyonce and a while get annoyed of it...and the jeep does of course;)...

Back