• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big thanks!!

Centripetal thrust encased in reverse titanium coated ion flux capacitor oscillater, better known as coilovers, possibly. Or maybe air struts, but more than likely what ever falls off the back of the off road delivery parts truck and I can get cheap from Tony and Guido!

you can find coilovers used for a fair price usually. summit has cheap but good coilover springs. expect to pay about 130 for a set of 4 springs for the front. maybe 300-500 for a set of 2.0 fox 12" coilovers, used, depending on condition.

Thanx Dan. I have other issues now. My van trans started slipping. I towed the jeep back from Big Bear on the trailer, then drove the van this last weekend to Dana Pt. then Whittier for a birthday, back to Riverside. Today I drove to Temecula no problem till I was exiting on Front st. She was slipping in drive trying to make my rt off the freeway. Drives fine in 1st but will only rev in 2nd and drive. Tried checking fluid added a qt, still no go.

For any Ford gurus it's a 2002 E350 with 7.3 Diesel. The trans is a 4R100. It has 105k on it. I changed the filter and added a MagTech deep pan when it had 30k on it. So it took approx 6 qts to fill the pan and filter leaving approx. 10 qts of original fluid which is still in there! I do not think the trans is bad, it did not make noise slip when towing ect... I'm hoping it may be a solenoid or needs change of fluid. If not I'll be looking for a good trans guy to go thru it and fix what's wrong!

Oh I'm sure the transmission needs rebuilding. Sorry to bear the bad news, that's the down side of modern slushboxes in trucks (although reportedly the new TorqueShift Ford transmission is much better).

once the trans starts slipping, it pretty much instantly cooks the frictions and steels. DO NOT DRIVE IT WHEN IT'S SLIPPING! sucks to hear, that's why i stay away from automatics.

Back