• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts recommendations - 94 XJ Sport front suspension rebuild

tom from boston

NAXJA Forum User
The old XJ is in serious need of some suspension love. Where this is my "get my sorry but around town" vehicle, and not a hard core off road machine, I'm just looking to freshen everything up.

Here's what I have waiting:
- New front hubs
- New front hub bolts
- Low milage take off front coil springs
- Low milate take off rear leafs
- Low milage take off shocks/struts
- Low milage take off rear shackles

So, what else should I get? I'm thinking all new bushings, new steering stabilizer, no tie rod ends, new spring isolators, new control arms, new u-joints ...

It's gotten sooo loose that I figure I might as well do it all while I'm under there.

What have I missed?

Thanks,
Tom

I think you have it about covered (though depending on mileage I might skip the control arms unless you see a problem), but you should at least have a very careful look at the front track bar and its mountings while you're at it. Also do a careful check of the ball joints. There's a very good chance the ball joints will last forever, but if not, this is the time to do any bad ones. Also, if there's any doubt about the age and condition of the front axle u-joints, when you have those hubs off you'll have the shafts out anyway, so now's the time.

Back