• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RIP Jason Kropat

Jason's mother posted this on Facebook... and I beleive to be 100% true.

troops.jpg

Well there has been a dely in bring him (whats left) home. Something about the flight out of Afganistan will not happen to day. Jason's mom and dad are sitting at Dover AFB waiting til tomorrow.

BTW he was, and always will be, PFC Jason Michael Kropat of the 101st Airborne. "Death before Dishonor", if I remeber correctly.

Ok well here is the offical listing of his death:

http://www.campbell.army.mil/eaglehonors/Pages/EagleHonorsHome.aspx

Sergeant Jonathan J. Richardson of Bald Knob, Ark. also died in that attack. Someone from right here within the area of our Chapter. IF any of you guys know him or his family... please tell them I am sorry to hear about their loss.

Must be bad over there.

I have a buddy...in fact he used to be on NAXJA all the time. He was in the Marines when we first took down Sadam's palaces a few years ago.

Anyway, he got out and is back here now but his commanding officer is in Afghanistan right now and is on his fourth tour. Last week he called to tell me that he had his first casualty in all four tours over there. I guess the guy stepped on a land mine. Four days later he lost another one. Both guys are from here in Utah and they both went to the same high school.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your loss. It always sucks.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. It's just back and forth sorrow, rage, sorrow, rage. As a matter of fact, the only time I am not thinking about this is when I am treating patients.

I know this might not be the right place to bring something like this up but in my line of work (EMS), I deal with death and dying all the time. Now this and all the other crap going on in the world.... all that is REALLY pushing me to beleive that there is no "Higher Power" out there.

I know exactly how you feel bro.... With all of the loss my family has experienced over the last few months, believe me I do understand. However, you do have to look at all the good that is out there......all of the people that love you and care about you, and the people you love and care about.....the people out there that do good things, and care about others (like yourself)......all of nature, days like today where the weather is great, and all of the things you love to do. Just try to remember that life is a cycle, and we all have to go sometime, but life being a cycle means that when one of us goes another baby is born, and a new life begins. Things will get easier over time. I don't know what my feelings are regarding the higher power (i have my days as well), but I do believe that there is a rhyme and reason to the way things happen.

Last edited:
Thank you Justin, that helps more than you will ever know.

i dont normally post in other chapter forums, but i believe this is ok. i am so sorry to hear about your cousin and the loss to his family, friends, and of course to our fine country that he protected and served. another hero lost, but never forgotten. i send my condolences to his family, and my respect.

Thank you 2stix and too all of you that have helped me and my family through this tough time.

Well, Jason is back home with his us. Plane arrived at 1 pm our time.

Back