• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dash not working

drkstrurethane

NAXJA Forum User
Years ago my dash stopped working. I came on here and learned about the old connectors getting dirty. Took the dash apart and cleaned them and all was gravy. Over time it kept quitting on me so I'd just clean them again. After a while even cleaning wouldn't work. Sometimes in the morning when its somewhat warm the dash will work for maybe 30 seconds or so but for the most part the dash is just dead. Any ideas? Apologies if this has been covered but I couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

Look up the pin outs for keyed 12v power and ground. You have to take your dash on a 97-01 apart partially, I ran a new keyed 12v power and grind to my cluster from the cigarette lighter and I'm all good ever since. There's a defect in the factory harness somewhere, obviously I didnt find it, I bypassed it, been working fine over a year

Thanks so much! Pardon me as electrical work is not my forte. There are 2 harnesses going to the cluster. You are talking about wiring 1 power and 1 ground wire to the whole thing. How do I splice that in? I'm sorry for my naivety, I get mechanical stuff. Not electricity.

Awesome. Thanks a ton. I'll look into that when I get back from vacation. Hopefully I won't have to ask you more questions: )

Back