• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

That is a beautiful installation. With a hawse fairlead, you may be able to re-install the OEM or similar bumper.

I plan to go with a hawse when I find a deal on one... I'm thinking of doing some Simple tube work instead of putting the oem bumper back on, but it would fit if I cut reliefs for the shackle horns.

Got some good finds at the junkyard yesterday.

Got a new gauge cluster for my 1996 ZJ
Got a gauge surround piece for my 1998 ZJ
Got a new tailgate latch handle for the 98
Got some door alarm pigtails for the 98

Few more things on my shopping list, but nothing I'm in a hurry for.

Anyone has a good rear axle for a ZJ - I need two...a 3.55 and a 3.73 ratio axle.

I did some junkyarding too.
Xj front driveshaft
Cluster bezel
Small interior pieces...

I've looked for a driveshaft for months!

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

So I'm toying with the idea of building a super light spring rate sway bar for the front. Anyone ever tried this?

Yupp same principle.... my front is super soft and works really well, but it has to max out before the rear gets involved. I'm thinking slow the weight transfer on the front so the rear will help balance out.

And before anyone asks the rear shackle angle is like 40 degrees

We put my daughter in my 1994 XJ to drive. The 1998 Grand is just becoming to much of a pain and I don't feel like buying new tires and fixing the heater core on it.

I hope she takes better care of the 94. I've got to decide what to do with the 1998 Grand. It would be a great parts donor to do a rear disc brake conversion on the 1994 XJ but I can't do the work.

It looks like I might have at least two buyers for the ZJ which I think is weird since I spelled out all the stuff wrong or that needs repair and they are excited and cool with it all.

On a good note, my daughter seems to like the XJ really well and even washed it the other day.

How much are you asking for the ZJ, and what gear ratio is the rear axle?

Had an eventful couple of days this past weekend. Helped a buddy/co-worker get his project Jeep on the road. 1998 2 door XJ. Worked until 4am Saturday getting all the suspension swapped out, SYE, driveshaft, beadlocks and tires. We also just recently fully rebuilt the engine and did a heater core and a bunch more. Hopefully taking it up to Windrock this coming weekend for a shakedown.
ca9ea2e860a3834d250a837926f9f018.jpg

f61cfb575fbf1fb5b5290018d96bc252.jpg

8c1b182a658c306b4bdf3e2d398ec33e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a sharp lookin rig!

Thanks man. It should be a capable little Jeep. We also did a axle swap while we did the lift kit. 30/8.25 with upgraded shafts, lockers, 4.56 gears. Next up will be bumpers, winch and 2x6 rockers. I’ll post more as we progress.

Thanks man. It should be a capable little Jeep. We also did a axle swap while we did the lift kit. 30/8.25 with upgraded shafts, lockers, 4.56 gears. Next up will be bumpers, winch and 2x6 rockers. I’ll post more as we progress.
That's a great combo for 35s. Maybe I'll run into you at windrock one day.

That's a great combo for 35s. Maybe I'll run into you at windrock one day.

I live roughly 30 minutes from there, so I’m there twice a month at least. Me and 2/3 others are running Walden’s Ridge this Saturday morning if you would like to tag along.

I live roughly 30 minutes from there, so I’m there twice a month at least. Me and 2/3 others are running Walden’s Ridge this Saturday morning if you would like to tag along.

As much as I would love to, it'll be a month or so before I have the time... I live just outside of harriman so 10 miles away. Doing a house renovation and really can't justify a weekend away from it yet ...

I've been wanting to do waldens for a while though. Lmk how that goes

As much as I would love to, it'll be a month or so before I have the time... I live just outside of harriman so 10 miles away. Doing a house renovation and really can't justify a weekend away from it yet ...

I've been wanting to do waldens for a while though. Lmk how that goes

Will do man. Shoot me a PM or something whenever you want to run it, I’d be happy to tag along.

Will do man. Shoot me a PM or something whenever you want to run it, I’d be happy to tag along.

Will do. I have a buddy in a 1st gen explorer tagging along as well normally. We're always looking for ppl to ride with. I'll get in touch with you soon.

Got some rides I'm seeing advertised on Facebook if anyone is interested. I'm going to try to make some of them.

February 18-20 weekend at Hawks Pride
March 17-20 Shamrock Shakedown at Windrock
June 16-19 Trail Jam at Loretta Lynn's Ranch
July 23 - Summer Run at Windrock
August 5-7 Jeep Trail Badge of Honor Run at Land Between the Lakes

Past member joining again, the intermountain chapter collapsed awhile ago. I've owned 3 XJ's when I lived in Utah and had tons of fun exploring the mountains. I recently moved to the Nashville area and have an opportunity to buy a 2000 Sport w/ 193K bone stock and in very good condition. Are there any areas to go wheeling close to Nashville to justify this purchase ? I was spoiled in UT when plenty of off road trails were within an hours drive. I'm in Mt. Juliet TN about 25 minutes east of Nashville. Thanks, Chris

Back