• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99-2001 XJ Fog Light Upgrade (LED)

esauers2912

NAXJA Forum User
I have a stock XJ SE. Would like to add LED fog lights, but I am not seeing a direct OEM LED kit for the XJ (Checked Truck-lite, KC, CARiD, etc). Has anyone found an LED fog light kit that fits the factory skirt fog light knock-outs? All the OEM fog light kits I am seeing are halogen.

My other option is to go with a stock pair of fog lights from local JY and upgrade to the CREE LED replacement bulb. Anyone running this set-up? Would like to know effective lighting pattern running the Cree.

Thanks

-Ed

Stock 1997-2001 XJ Cherokee fog lamps are mostly decorative, they really don't do much. LED fog lamp conversions are also decorative, and often less bright than stock. They also suffer from the same issues as HID headlight conversion kits, the bulbs do not output light in the same physical location as the stock bulbs and you end mostly with glare, instead of focused light.

A good quality set of brand name fog lamps would be a better investment.

My son bought a set of 6” LED light bars we’re going to mount in the stock fog light location on his ‘97. It will take a little creativity but it will work.

I picked up a set of LED lights off of EBAY that are in the somewhat same square style as the OEM fog lamps on the earlier Cherokees that mounted on the bumper. If you are willing to do some fab work for a mount you can make a set of generic square/rectangular lights work in the newer XJ's fog lamp spots.

Back