• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DD gear selection--which brand?

1m4j2t

NAXJA Forum User
I'm building up my first jeep ever. I want to do my own gears, and I just bought a Ford 8.8. I need a little more advice on which brand of gears to buy. The Motive gears are less expensive, but I wonder about noise, and strength--mostly noise. Thoughts?

ya get what ya pay for, as with most things :)

What ratio are you going with? I know lots of mustang guys who will only use FRPP (Ford Racing) gears. They don't make all ratios, but do have 3.73, 4.10, and 4.56.

I have 33" tires, and I'll probably stick with that size, so I was going to go with 4.56.

I have heard a lot about people using the Ford Racing Gears, supposedly they set up the easiest, so I'm trying to find some locally in Denver, CO. That's probably what I'll go with, I'm just trying to find out how they compare to motive, yukon, ans superior.

I used Ford Racing when I had my Mustang with 8.8 rear. They were a very good gearset. I have used Yukon and Superior on my Jeeps with great results.

Back