• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New guy from NC, checking in.

wnckrawler

NAXJA Forum User
New guy to the forum from NC. Just checking in, and sharing the rig.

Stats:
5.5 RE long arm kit
Ford 8.8 rear (disc)
4.56 gears
Locked rear, no spin front
ARB bullbar TMAXX winch
Reinforced uni
Solid covers front, rear, gas tank
etc, etc, etc...

xjhillclimb.jpg

whoa.jpg

422a1.jpg

And my old rig... Floating around out there somewhere... :(
IMG_8020.jpg

Welcome! Nice Jeep too! I've got a buddy that lives in Brevard, not far at all from you.

New guy to the forum from NC. Just checking in, and sharing the rig.

Stats:
5.5 RE long arm kit
Ford 8.8 rear (disc)
4.56 gears
Locked rear, no spin front
ARB bullbar TMAXX winch
Reinforced uni
Solid covers front, rear, gas tank
etc, etc, etc...

xjhillclimb.jpg

whoa.jpg

422a1.jpg

And my old rig... Floating around out there somewhere... :(
IMG_8020.jpg

Nice Jeep. I'd like to share it the weekend of May 5th. I'll bring it back on piece.

Did you buy the red one in Indiana?

Not in Indiana. A guy had torn in all to pieces in SC. It was a mess. I have been trying to trace it back to its original owner.

But yes, this is the one you speak of. Originally from Indiana.

I sold it to the guy in SC. He called me as soon as he got it home saying he flexed it on a tree an the spring popped out. He called me 20 times for crazy stuff. The guy I got it from ,his screen name is illianaxj I think that's how you spell it.

Last edited:
dietschs: Thanks for the info! When I picked it up here is the list of problems on arrival:

1. He destroyed the planetary gears in the teraflex t-case
2. both front drive axles were toast
3. front driveshaft was destroyed
4. both front wheel brearings were destroyed (I have a video of this! Hillarious!)
5. Alternator was dead

...I think thats it.

Welcome to the Club! Funny how these jeeps keep poping back in here in different parts of the country!

Welcome! Those definitely look like WNC pictures. The first one reminds me of a berm like that Tim sent me up and over... And right into a hole on the other side. I miss running the fire and access roads.

Thats a good looking rig your rolling now.

I am in the process of sourcing everything I need to paint it. I'm not a fan of red, and when I pulled in my driveway the night I got it, I realized EVERY car we own is now red!

It's nice seeing old pics, that way I can piece together what is, and isn't in it anymore. The CB mounted to the left of the driver is gone, but the hot/ground plug is still dangling there. There is also a switch at about shin level on the left side of the center console that I cant figure out. I think its for the rock lights, but they dont work either.

I've haven't owned it long, but believe me when I say I was balls deep in it the first 2 weeks I had it. Still trying to track down a few bugs it has, but all in all its an awesome daily.

I am also debating raising it up just a hair and running 35's. The 33's go perfect for light wheeling, but there are a few places where we go that it would be real nice to be back on some 35's.

Thanks again for the pics and info! Pretty soon it will take on a completely different look, and maybe then I can call it "mine"!

i love how our rigs get passed around and get broken in by some one else, and evolve.

Back