• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi

Just got back from KofA. Which I guess was technically a visit to the SoCal chapter.

Something like a 140 miles of off-roading and 1,800 miles of pavement. Two lane pavement was all good. Four lane (or more) pavement not so good. As long as I was in two lane country everything was fine, but as soon as I got to the four lane world there were "restrooms closed" signs and no tables to eat at. Entirely off pavement was excellent. No muzzles there.

It was nice to visit a sunny, warm world. And nice to get ahold of a real orange. The things they sell up here that look like oranges are no better than the things that look like tomatoes.

The last time I ran cleghorn I thought we were sending santa home in a helicopter.

But I'm thinking Truckhaven in march?

I’m definitely itching to get out for a run. (I’ll just need a little notice to motivate me to replace front axle and pinion seals.)

I think I've only been to Calico once, like 10yrs ago for a SoCalFest. I remember all the action being at the gatekeeper where only a couple guys in the group attempted it, one broke a front axle. RWKhaus took his clean race jeep in the gatekeeper and thoroughly proceeded to beat the crap out of it. That 20 minutes of carnage alone was worth the price of admission.

edit: found pics of gatekeeper on this vid by CaliXJ, starts at the 6 minute mark. https://vimeo.com/41541412

Last edited:
I think I've only been to Calico once, like 10yrs ago for a SierraFest. I remember all the action being at the gatekeeper where only a couple guys in the group attempted it, one broke a front axle. RWKhaus took his clean race jeep in the gatekeeper and thoroughly proceeded to beat the crap out of it. That 20 minutes of carnage alone was worth the price of admission.

edit: found pics of gatekeeper on this vid by CaliXJ, starts at the 6 minute mark.

That was a so cal fest. At tge end of the loop a few tried the gatekeeper. Robert almost ran over my brother who was trying to spot him. I tried but got denied, then SC redneck tried and broke his front shaft. I think JohnX led the run?

Back