• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Karma Thread

:compwork:

Two WiFi Gigabit routers; Both ASUS. They have been rock solid for me. No heat issues. Bought them both new-never a problem. Both with power bricks. User manuals available online. Both Tomato ready. ASUS and Netgear are the top two Mfgs for firmware security updates.

RT-N66U - used as my primary router.

RT-N10P - used as a (WAP) Wired Access Point in the garage.

Both have Bridge and WAP settings in the firmware; plug and play.

Will ship to RED letters on their dime.

I'll take the RT-N66U as a spare for our Histerical Society, if no one else goes for it.

David Bricker / SYR

:compwork:

Two WiFi Gigabit routers; Both ASUS. They have been rock solid for me. No heat issues. Bought them both new-never a problem. Both with power bricks. User manuals available online. Both Tomato ready. ASUS and Netgear are the top two Mfgs for firmware security updates.

RT-N66U - used as my primary router.

RT-N10P - used as a (WAP) Wired Access Point in the garage.

Both have Bridge and WAP settings in the firmware; plug and play.

Will ship to RED letters on their dime.

Varmint #1 thinks the RT-N66U would be an upgrade over what we are using (what we have is what the cable company supplied) and is interested in trying to see if he couldn't get internet out to my shop with those (100' from house).

A quick search suggests an external antenna might be an option on the RT-N66U. Do you know if it will indeed accept an external antenna?

If David is willing to give up his spare and if Tim (or anyone else for that matter) thinks the equipment should do what Varmint #1 wants it to do I am willing to spring for shipping.

The in 66 has removable / changeable antennas. I think they are currently three DB, the 10p has a 5 DB. If you and David work it out let me know. Not sure yet but I may be able to include a set of 5 DB for the n66u.

I'll take the RT-N66U as a spare for our Histerical Society, if no one else goes for it.

David Bricker / SYR

If David is willing to give up his spare...

Seems he is.

Tom, from what I gather it/they go to you and varmint #1.

...and if Tim (or anyone else for that matter) thinks the equipment should do what Varmint #1 wants it to do I am willing to spring for shipping.

I'll be including both 7db and 5db antennae for the N66U. The 5 may do the trick, otherwise get a three pack of 3db or an external antenna. The UI gives you the option to turn the power up to above the default setting. Doing so "may have" heat and lifespan ramifications.

Shoot me a pm with your addy and Ill get a quote.:wave:

BTW, you get both like it or not.

:laugh3:

Last edited:
Awesome. Thank you. That will give the Varmint something new to figger out.

PM sent.

Yep, fine by me to have it go to Anak. Besides, I do need to get rid of "spares", not accumulate more for the move.

David Bricker / SYR

V(or anyone else for that matter) thinks the equipment should do what Varmint #1 wants it to do I am willing to spring for shipping.

100' feet should be doable, particularly with 7 or 9db antennas. Likely not need to crank up the power. Now, if the shop is metal sided, that may be a bit tougher.

You could always put in a bridge, and I some considerable experience there. But, that potentially is getting more expensive.

On the other hand, if Tim is sending both routers, and they will work in bridge mode, you may be able to mount one to the outside of the shop, and re-drive the signal for that area.

David Bricker / SYR

Thank you.

Shop has vinyl siding, so not nearly so bad as if metal.

I may hit you up with questions if the Varmint finds himself at his wits end. He has done pretty well with this sort of thing thus far.

Last edited:
Free to good home...

Brand new, never used OEM transmission oil cooler, 97' and up.

Two (2) passenger side door handles 97' and up, used and in okay/usable condition.

I'd hate to throw them away...

Abit IP-35 Pro Off limits MoBo w/ Intel Q6600 Quad core, 2.6 GHz, socket 775; 8GB (4×2 matched GSkill) 800 Mhz ddr2 and Thermaltake "Big Typhoon" cpu cooler.

Currently conveniently mounted in a cooler master CM690 tower. Nice tower but the hard drive trays have deteriorated.

I can pull it out of the chassis if you don't want the tower.

Free to good home, located in Redlands. It's a fun little combination for overclocking.

Last edited:
Calico drop bracket patterns. Include center locations for fixed location. If you want to use OEM style alignment bracketry it's also on the pattern. Laid out full size, 1:1.
A little spray adhesive, center punch and a sharp scribe and you're good to go. Oh, and some 1/4" steel, 3"x3"x1/4" wall square tube and some 3/8 for the skids. Designed for 1/4" frame plating at the mounting surfaces.

Seriously. I hate to just toss them, put a lot of work into them.

Last edited:
Duplicate post.

Here I thought you had two sets of them.

Any plans to visit family up here in the north?

Back