• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSkid Location???

AngryDog

NAXJA Forum User
This may sound silly but here goes. Does anybody have a picture of a factory Tsid location. I bought a used one and I don't have any install directions. Need some help. Apicture would by super help.

AngryDog said:
This may sound silly but here goes. Does anybody have a picture of a factory Tsid location. I bought a used one and I don't have any install directions. Need some help. Apicture would by super help.

Don't have any pictures handy, but I do have one of these installed, so I can verbally paint a picture for you:

The skid mounts to the crossmember and driver's side frame rail. The frame rail mounting point is farther aft than the crossmember points, and when looked at from the driver's side, the skid should appear to go down as it goes aft.

If memory serves, the factory kit includes three bolt/nutcert pairs - two for the crossmember and one for the frame rail.

I think I may still have the scan of the instruction sheet from my T/C skid - if I do, I'll try to post it if you need more help.

Rob

Mine has a lowering kit on it but it is located in the same place. Looking from the drivers side.
standard.jpg

Thanks for the visual assist, Tim - saves me hunting down my instruction sheet (which doesn't have any pictures anyway).

AngryDog: Assuming that your XJ is completely stock, if you look underneath right now you'll only see the crossmember, and it'll be bolted directly to the frame rails on either side of the vehicle.

The spacers in TIM_MN's picture are the lowering kit - it's for the transfer case, and isn't required when installing that skid. You should only have that if (1) you have lifted your Jeep and have encountered driveline vibes, or (2) you have a bone-stock '97-'01 model with vibes, in which case someone may have installed one as a fix for the problem.

Any more questions, let us know.

Rob

Back