• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TCU Location for 97' AW4...

ODXJ97

NAXJA Forum User
I looked everywhere under the hood, and I don't see it anywhere. Does anyone know exactly where it is and the fuses that connect to it? Any additional advice for pulling it out, and for checking the fuses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ODXJ97 said:
I looked everywhere under the hood, and I don't see it anywhere. Does anyone know exactly where it is and the fuses that connect to it? Any additional advice for pulling it out, and for checking the fuses would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I don't think there is a seperat one, yours should be part of the ECM.

langer1 said:
I don't think there is a seperat one, yours should be part of the ECM.
It's separate and I can't remember where it's at (I yanked it along with the AW4 within days of getting the 97). I think that Charles is on the right track for the location.

Ignore the misspelling on the pic, but this is the general location:

tcm.jpg

YUCCA-MAN... The XJs were revamped a bit' in 97' to include the interior... is it still in that location?

If it's part of the ECM, then I I'll never find it. That's just a metal box with 100 wires and nothing is labled. :gonnablow

Thanks all.

ODXJ97 said:
YUCCA-MAN... The XJs were revamped a bit' in 97' to include the interior... is it still in that location?

If it's part of the ECM, then I I'll never find it. That's just a metal box with 100 wires and nothing is labled. :gonnablow

Thanks all.
It is separate. I know cause I pulled one and I have it sitting in the garage. Anyways for as little as I remember about it I'm thinking it was on the drivers side not passenger.

On a 97 it is definately under the driver side dash. it is just above the gas pedal. I know one of the fuses is located under the hood in the main fuse box. It should be a small 10 or 15 amp fuse. Not sure about the other fuse locations. Just check your TCU plug in to make sure you have battery voltage at 2 terminals.

badbowtie87 said:
On a 97 it is definately under the driver side dash. it is just above the gas pedal. I know one of the fuses is located under the hood in the main fuse box. It should be a small 10 or 15 amp fuse. Not sure about the other fuse locations. Just check your TCU plug in to make sure you have battery voltage at 2 terminals.
I think that you would want to leave the fuses be as they might control more then the TCU. If you want to pull them though, check the schematics.

badbowtie87 said:
yep, under the glove box on the 96 down, on the driver's side near the gas pedal on 97+

Back