• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2006 Sierra Chapter run schedule

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
2006 is here. Time for a whole new year of trail runs, meet and greets, and get togethers of all kinds. Scrappy, Phil and I, and a few others, have been working behind the scenes to put together a run schedule for the new year. Our hope was to put dates to these runs as soon as possible so that you, our members, can plan ahead and schedule their time off accordingly. I hope that each and every one of you can make it out to at least one run this year. I hope that each one of you can make it out to a local meet and greet to get to know your fellow local members. Please note that these runs are the official runs of the year, but that doesn't mean you can't schedule informal runs during the year too. Please note that some runs are for NAXJA members only. Membership has its priveledges. ;) This schedule will be updated as needed throughout the year.

January 5th - Meet and Greet in Rocklin - Hosted by SeanP - see thread for details

January 12th - Meet and greet in Fremont - Hosted by crazy4mopar - see thread for details

January: Bald Mountain - Hosted by Scrappy - open to all - Jan 14th

February: open

March: SoCalXJ Jambo at Johnson Valley, St Patrick's Day weekend, March 17-19

April: Frank Raines - Hosted by Bryan C. - open to all - April 8th

April: Meet and Greet at the Farm - Hosted by FarmerMatt - Madera - April 22

May: Lost Coast Trail - Memorial Day weekend, Please check back for info regarding this run.

June: The Rubicon Trail- Hosted by Phil - NAXJA Members only - June 23-25

July: Swamp Lake - Hosted by Goatman - open to all - July 14-16

August: EVENT CANCELLED National Event! "Sierra Fest" - Hosted by the Sierra Chapter BOD - NAXJA members only - Fordyce Creek Aug 12-13, The Rubicon Trail Aug 14-18, Barrett Lake Aug 19-20

September: open

October: open

November: Hollister Hills - Hosted by Bryan C. - open to all - Nov 4th

November: ROCKIN' XJ JAMBOREE - Hosted by Goatman - Johnson Valley - Nov 18-19th

December: open

Last edited:
Looks great Bryan, good to see a nice variety of trails.

We should try and get a trip to JV going in Feb or March. Hook up with the SoCal crew maybe?

And, how about a Labor Day run to Fordyce? Sept. 2/3/4?

CRASH said:

We should try and get a trip to JV going in Feb or March. Hook up with the SoCal crew maybe?

Are you volunteering? :D

We didn't want to go overboard on the runs for this year. Maybe next year we can plan something for every month.

I'm happy to do a September Fordyce run. Labor day may be crowded, but the next weekend may be fine. We can add it later.

GREAT Job guys. With a new Jeeper due March 11th my runs will be extremely limited this year. Besides, my rig isn't built enough for the Con and Fordyce anyways - haha

CRASH said:

:huh:
I thought you traded PII in on that new Honda Odessey?

They wouldn't take it on trade.

We're looking at a Subaru wagon, though.

To pull this thread BACK on topic...

I will be doing alot of informal runs as always. I usually will post 2 or 3 weeks in advance. I will be doing alot of Central Sierra runs and probably try to do some socal runs this year.

I am also going to MOAB this year for the Naxja fest. People should get ready for that now! I am already excited. I think it would be fun to have enough SC people to host a few of our own runs there.

Crash, do us all a favor and get the sube. Its way safer than any hunk of junk you already own. I want that kid to make it to at least 10 so I have a fair share of trying to corrupt him.

OK. I made this a sticky to keep it at the top.

If anyone would like to volunteer to host a run that isn't on the schedule, please feel free to do so. I will update/edit the calender as necessary during the year.

I want to have this discussion pulic, so instead of PMs, here it is.

I want to see if we should leave all runs oopen to anyone. I think we should invite any XJ person to any run they are capable of. Do any of you see a reason why we should maintain members only runs?

Oh and add ROCKIN' XJ JAMBOREE for November 13-15th

CRASH said:

FYI.

SoCalXJ Jambo at JV, St Patrick's Day weekend, March 17-19.

--ron

Scrappy said:
I want to have this discussion pulic, so instead of PMs, here it is.

I want to see if we should leave all runs oopen to anyone. I think we should invite any XJ person to any run they are capable of. Do any of you see a reason why we should maintain members only runs?

In the last couple years I have planned several runs, none of which were members only. I think the runs that are posted as members only are done so for a reason. The SierraFest needs to be limited in size due to the nature of the trails we are running. I am for having non-members participate in our general chapter runs. Heck, I wasn't even a member for the first NAXJA run I went on. That was what finally convinced me to join, meeeting the people I only knew by screennames. On the flip side I do think that the people who actually took the time to join the club need to feel like they are getting additional value from their membership dollars.

I'll update the schedule too. Thanks.

FarmerMatt said:
We'd like to host a night out on the farm sometime in mid April. We'll probably open it back up for a 4th of July BBQ as well.

That would be cool! :cheers:

Bryan C. said:
November: ROCKIN' XJ JAMBOREE - Hosted by Goatman - Johnson Valley - Nov 13-15th
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday? :dunno:

Are these really the correct days?

Scrappy said:

Should be Nov 17-19.

June: The Rubicon Trail- Hosted by Phil - NAXJA Members only - June 23-25

Sounds good!

Those that can't make the runs that you want to, the FOTR is having work weekends, two which are in the same time frame of the Rubicon in June and the Sierra Fest in August.
FOTR work weekends: June 24-25
July 22-23
August 19-20

Back