• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fabrication needed

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I would like to build a simple light bar for my front bumper.

Does any one have a length of tubing (could be anywhere from 1.5"-2.0" diameter 6'-8' long) and a tubing bender?

Fabricator will be duely compensated for time an materials.

Robert K is closest to you but I think he maybe tied up for a while wiuth his own buggy.

FYI

I can probably hook you up Karstic, thru one of many sources. Lets talk tonight about more specifics, i need to come your way anyways.

yeah I read this and thought, ummm. Over obligate myself and have more on my plate currently, or wait till I get back from anniv on next tue (leave Fri) and then see how time is looking and see if he still needs it done. But then I remembered I have to drop off both die sets to Skulivan out in ventura on our way out on fri. So I wouldnt be able to bend anything bigger then conduit.

ROBERTK said:
yeah I read this and thought, ummm. Over obligate myself and have more on my plate currently, or wait till I get back from anniv on next tue (leave Fri) and then see how time is looking and see if he still needs it done. But then I remembered I have to drop off both die sets to Skulivan out in ventura on our way out on fri. So I wouldnt be able to bend anything bigger then conduit.
I could do a couple quick bends etc, a little far but if nothing else.

Basically looking for something with just two bends. I'll try to get some dimensions tonight.

karstic said:
Basically looking for something with just two bends. I'll try to get some dimensions tonight.

You sure 1" wouldn't work? It is just supporting lights. :dunno:

1" rigid is pertty darn stout and strong lol

ROBERTK said:
1" rigid is pertty darn stout and strong lol

He just said light bar :dunno:

2wd04-05f150_13.gif

Last edited:
cracker said:
He just said light bar :dunno:

your right. Maybe just 3/4" rigid?

cracker said:
You sure 1" wouldn't work? It is just supporting lights. :dunno:

Why you got some 1" layin' around?

karstic said:
Why you got some 1" layin' around?

Not really. I made my whole cage out of 1 3/4 and it is pretty stout and I was thinking 2" may be a little overkill for a light bar.

Something like this, but maybe not so tall, don' nedd the side bars either. I have two sets of lights to mount, Hella 500 driving and Hella 500 fog.

xjfrntpwb03.jpg

Last edited:
cracker said:
Not really. I made my whole cage out of 1 3/4 and it is pretty stout and I was thinking 2" may be a little overkill for a light bar.

1.5" would be ideal, but I'm open to diameter. I was hoping that someone had a 6'-8' pice of tubing lying around that could be bent into a light bar hoop thingy.

Osmin C said:
FullSizeXJ has a light bar for around $80. Its made by Zoneworks. Just a thought.

Osmin
Thanks but not what I'm looking for. Its being added to a MORE bumper.

I have a 1.25 die and several 6-8ft lengths, RobertK will be bringing me a 1.75 and a 1.5 die set on the 2nd, I have several lengths of 1.75"x.120 and 1.5"x.120 DOM if nothing else works out. I also have a pre-bent hoop for a pre-runner tube bumper sitting here.
Chris

Back