• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

93 XJ BUILD (WITH LS SWAP)

So i've asked this question a bunch before. do you think that shifter could fit under a stock console?

I fit it in the stock '88 console, with some cutting, and made some polished aluminum inserts. I'll post a pic if I can find one.

here's a few pics of mine, stock console:

2zhirld.jpg

20r2pgj.jpg

Last edited:
I fit it in the stock '88 console, with some cutting, and made some polished aluminum inserts. I'll post a pic if I can find one.

2zhirld.jpg

20r2pgj.jpg

That's came out great. I might try to do that. If I end up not liking it I'll have my dad make me a customer console out of sheet metal (he does sheet metal work for a living) then wrap it or something of the sort.

Is it just me or is your HU and climate control falling back into the dash?

The HU has an auto-tilt "feature". when the ignition is off, the screen tilts and recesses into the dash.

The HVAC controls are old. They really didn't fit that well (too deep), so yes, they were tilted. I've since retrofitted a later model dial-setup that isn't as deep, and sits straight (which I don't recommend -- I did a write up in here somewhere, which was based off a far more detailed write up, and it is a major pain in the rear to swap out HVAC controls, for not much gain).

I didnt get as much done as i wanted to this weekend. ended up working on my little brothers tahoe. but i did get one head (drivers side) off and am cleaning out all the dirt and grime in there, will hopefully get to get the other head off tonight and have it all back together tonight so i can throw the headers on it and just stare for a minuet haha.

the only photo i snagged ill get more tonight

2zhirld.jpg

20r2pgj.jpg

That gets me wondering if I could fit it under a '99 console. I can always shorten the shifter arm if needed.

just saw in the for sale section an new set of navak mounts and headers a board member is selling for 375 shipped for both! if anyone is interseted. if i would have seen it last week i would have been all over

Good luck with the one bolt in the passenger side mount...you'll know what I'm talking about when you get to it lol!

I have read about that in a few threads lol I guess we'll see here soon. I really want to get to working on it for a good chunk of time just haven't been able to get to it lately.

Haha I sat them on the frame rails today and I see what you guys are talking about. Looks like you would have to have the bolt in the mount then line it up and get and started, now finishing it.... haha

So not much of an update today, but I got both heads off and I am waiting to hear back from a buddy that does head work for a living to see what he would charge to just clean them up for me, while I wait on that I think I'll clean up the engine bay and maybe paint it. For now a couple picks

So not much of an update today, but I got both heads off and I am waiting to hear back from a buddy that does head work for a living to see what he would charge to just clean them up for me, while I wait on that I think I'll clean up the engine bay and maybe paint it.

Take the time to do it. it makes the whole swap just look more clean

You planning on doing the rocker arm trunnion upgrade? I would if I were you. They are out already and it's cheap insurance. I'd also throw lifters into this thing while it's out. LS motors always sound valvetrainy, but new lifters address this.

Whenever I go to 041 heads, I'll be doing the same thing.

You planning on doing the rocker arm trunnion upgrade? I would if I were you. They are out already and it's cheap insurance. I'd also throw lifters into this thing while it's out. LS motors always sound valvetrainy, but new lifters address this.

Whenever I go to 041 heads, I'll be doing the same thing.

Honestly I don't want to put any more money then gaskets into this motor because I feel like I already kinda got the shit end of the stick on this motor. If all goes well when I first start it up I will run and will be pulling the motor early next year to do a cam and get some headework done, and possibly upgrade the intake system. But for now I'll rock what I got and hope for the best

Back