• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I got them off Rock Auto for about $20 each after shipping - and that included bulbs and brackets.

The backside of the housing has 3 little "grabbers" that hold the adjustment posts inside "light hole." The issue I had with it was that the "grabbers" on the new housings were a little stiff and I busted 4 of the 6 of them. I may have been able to avoid that had I put some grease on them before trying to seat them on the adjustment posts. I think that grease might have helped. I ended up cutting the "grabbers" off my old lenses and installing them on the new ones. In and out pretty easy. It would have been a 10 minute job to swap them had I not busted the "grabbers" on each light.

Pull the grill and grab the bottoms and tilt the housing upwards to unseat from the 2 lower adjustment posts, then pull straight out to unseat from the 1 upper adjustment post.

I'll text you a photo of the back of the old housing - although it is a little jacked up from cutting out the "grabbers."

I drove around last night - what a world of difference. SO good.

Last edited:
Let's see here... Got the door welded back on. After driving around a month or so without it.
Then the wipers quit working on me. Found out it was the transmission broke. Hit the parts store only to find out they don't carry it "you'll have to find it online", and the wiper motor ranges between $55-60! So we hit a local yard and picked up everything I needed (motor, trans, wiper arms and wipers) all for $25 plus tax (total $27.45). Hit home n replaced all that.

Let's see here... Got the door welded back on. After driving around a month or so without it.
Then the wipers quit working on me. Found out it was the transmission broke. Hit the parts store only to find out they don't carry it "you'll have to find it online", and the wiper motor ranges between $55-60! So we hit a local yard and picked up everything I needed (motor, trans, wiper arms and wipers) all for $25 plus tax (total $27.45). Hit home n replaced all that.
I think I know you...

;)

Eleven of the next 14 days at Disney World for work. Why can't I ever manage 11 of 14 days in the mountains of Colorado or Utah.

Nuts! You seem to be a little close there. I would have been concerned about getting hit with a ricochet.

I would be more worried if I was shooting it straight on but because I was shooting at a downward angle, any ricochets pretty much went straight into the ground. you can see in a couple of shots a puff of dust from a ricochet right at the base of the engine block.

I would be more worried if I was shooting it straight on but because I was shooting at a downward angle, any ricochets pretty much went straight into the ground. you can see in a couple of shots a puff of dust from a ricochet right at the base of the engine block.

Very true!

Back in the US, about to get on my last plane ride to Nashville. So sad my trip is over, but looking forward to a little more routine again, and a little less time sitting in airports, busses, trains, etc.

Heater core and Evap swap on Blureplexj's Jeep over the weekend at Glenn's shop.

e68c57961f4a96393e40b3b4fb4884f3.jpg

d061a254ea213a4fb5f1a1c43992b3cc.jpg

Im sure Jon and Glenn have more pictures.

Heater core and Evap swap on Blureplexj's Jeep over the weekend at Glenn's shop.

e68c57961f4a96393e40b3b4fb4884f3.jpg

d061a254ea213a4fb5f1a1c43992b3cc.jpg

I actually only took one. Was too busy with that and doing the drum brakes on Glenn's 98.

Three. Your face while battling with the drier...
picture.php

Glenn's sweet, sweet solution to said problem...
picture.php

(yes that is a sawzall blade wrapped in duct tape and vice-grip. and it worked well.)

And the RC course I wish I had been cool enough to build as a teenager...
picture.php

Three. Your face while battling with the drier...
picture.php

Glenn's sweet, sweet solution to said problem...
picture.php

(yes that is a sawzall blade wrapped in duct tape and vice-grip. and it worked well.)

And the RC course I wish I had been cool enough to build as a teenager...
picture.php

LOL! Was a good time! You guys are always welcome here! Indecently he added to the RC course again. I think he and a couple friends might be crawling on it next Friday and Saturday. I'm going to the URE workday next Saturday.

Eleven of the next 14 days at Disney World for work. Why can't I ever manage 11 of 14 days in the mountains of Colorado or Utah.

Trust me...I've been dreaming of pretty much anywhere but Florida for the 30+ years I've lived here.

Any chance of getting up towards Ocala? You're welcome to swing by the house and have a beer.

Due to request... I painted the flares on the MJ.

20160207_174833_zpszqjlwsrv.jpg

Halfway fixed my slider that was falling off.

20160207_154757_zpsemsymrxh.jpg

Pulled the back tires to check things out and let the rear of the Jeep to the ground to make it easier to wash all the Harlan mud out of the floor...
20160207_144714_zpskztaqlw0.jpg

Now, I just need to sell the lawn mower tires.
20160207_152712_zpsqoocavrb.jpg

Trust me...I've been dreaming of pretty much anywhere but Florida for the 30+ years I've lived here.

Any chance of getting up towards Ocala? You're welcome to swing by the house and have a beer.

Nope. Not going to make it that far north. I flew into Ft. Lauderdale this morning. Saw a YJ for sale off 192 between Palm Bay and St. Cloud. I figured the guy was selling because there is nothing but flat for miles and miles. Then I thought of y'all and stared to feel bad for you!

Nope. Not going to make it that far north. I flew into Ft. Lauderdale this morning. Saw a YJ for sale off 192 between Palm Bay and St. Cloud. I figured the guy was selling because there is nothing but flat for miles and miles. Then I thought of y'all and stared to feel bad for you!

It really is flat here. We have a couple old lime rock quarries that open and close periodically. Plus there are a couple pay to ride parks but they are small and pricey.

That's why we put all our eggs in one basket and come to the CRAWL. we keep saying we're going to and Glenn keeps inviting us to do more trips but it's tough and expensive to get out of Florida. Especially when the wife insists we go somewhere else INSTEAD...I said...well...we'll go somewhere else...but I'm ALSO going to the CRAWL!!

There are actually 2 private parks in the works near me now. One is a hour up near Lancaster and the other is near Pageland, about 30 min from my shop. Both have double the land of gulches and both look promising. Lenny, you guys remember my local mechanic friend Lenny?, is involved on both.

Back