• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

having one is great at WF, but we haven't used ours enough. after towing it with the flex for vacation the flex had to get the trans rebuilt and new rear hubs. i don't know if the camper was the cause of that or not...

probably.

did you toss a big assed cooler on it?

it's my understanding that the flex is still a car drivetrain.

We bought an older 24' 5th wheel a few months back, used it 4 times so far and it is ok, but no slide and I personally want a bit more room and a little newer. Looking at campers in a few weeks at the DSM RV show. Good deals to be had on left ofer 14's. Leaning towards a 28' bumper pull w/ slides and we can still use the bed of the truck for Case's quad or dirt bikes etc. thought about a toy hauler since he is getting into racing, but not sure I really want a toy hauler with dirty bikes/quads and teh gas fumes etc of all that.

Cheese "family hobbies" Man

bloomer makes open deck toyhaulers.

get out your checkbook....

or you can do it the redneck way with a 35 foot goose and a 20ft camper on a subframe.

probably.

did you toss a big assed cooler on it?

it's my understanding that the flex is still a car drivetrain.

i didn't. i should have. i also shouldn't have been hauling ass through the rolling hills of AR towing 2400lbs. there is no OD off button on it either...
oh well, shits was covered under warranty!

the flex is classified as a truck from ford but yes the edge, flex,and explorers are all pretty much a car.

So remember earlier this year when I said the urge to drive my XJ just wasn't there. I got the urge back, can't wait to get my list of things done on it this year (headliner, heater core flush, bumpers, new windshield, front brakes redone and LED lights wired up). The tire shop forgot I wanted a full size spare also, so I will get that put on the rim when I get back from vacation. I guess now I need to add some 2x4's (or get a hi light) so I can actually use my floor jack on the XJ now. At least everything I need done I can attempt to do myself since it doesn't involve a vital part of the operation of the XJ (other then brakes, I done them before).

Here.

Straights of Mackinaw in the background.

b9f09afd204430c0680e80b76d5600f4.jpg

Is that a decent campground up there? Suzi and the kiddo have never been to mackinaw island before. We were wanting to plan a trip up there next summer.

I love my 5er so far, I got a steal of a deal on it though. 1998 28' with a slide for $2,000 and I'm the third owner. I constanlty change my mind on a wheeling trailer/camper. I am thinking about a GN with a pop up thrown on the front would be perfect someday. But we'll see.

Re: Re: Important

Is that a decent campground up there? Suzi and the kiddo have never been to mackinaw island before. We were wanting to plan a trip up there next summer.
Yeah, it's nice. Not many trees, but the breeze off Lake Michigan will keep us pretty cool.

You guys should come for a beer Friday night.

Directions: go over big bridge, first left after McDonald's.

We won't be coming up till Saturday morning. It's like a 6hr drive for us to get up there. That's too much after a long day at work. Visiting friends up in cheboygan. Probably heading back home sometime Monday.

Back