• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AX-15 transmission mount

tgissel

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of an aftermarket transmission mount for the ax-15? I have a 92 xj w/ 8" lift, 33" tires and continue to break transmission mounts. Thanks

I may be mistaken but the vehicles list shows 2.5l auto on the year that I would need. Thanks for the tip, I will give them a call.

why are you looking for aftermarket? I tried one from Kragen and changed that one out for an OEM one after a week. The Kragen one doesn't have the "angle" in it that the OEM one does and as a result it messed up my driveline angles.

I was thinking maybe a poly mount might be stronger, since this will be the 2nd one this year. Thanks

If you are going through them that fast, I would check the engine mounts.

I agree with checking the engine mounts first. I installed a poly unit from Rusty's after replacing my engine mounts and had a lot of vibrations. I kept the poly engine mounts and went with a stock (rubber) tranny mount and like the combo. It keeps the motor where it's supposed to be without too much vibration. Good Luck.

Woody

Back