• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stony Creek Day Run

Tucker

NAXJA Forum User
Well. I gotta say I am impressed. I took a day run in my bone stock XJ (street tires even) to a place that I've previously only taken lifted pickups.

The Jeep made it look easy. :)

It was a tight squeeze in spots and there was a lot of brush. It looks like nobody has been there this year except me.

Anyway, the pics are here

Check out the runoff in Stony Creek, its incredible. That is normally a good fishing and swimming spot. Now its a roaring beast.

OMG, is this the place that gave our gramatically challenged friend his name?

CRASH

Maybe, LOL

39.56.930 N
121.22.566 W

Or thereabouts... that's where the road peters out, it is still a 200 yard hike down to the creek.

Tucker said:
Well. I gotta say I am impressed. I took a day run in my bone stock XJ (street tires even) to a place that I've previously only taken lifted pickups.

The Jeep made it look easy. :)

It was a tight squeeze in spots and there was a lot of brush. It looks like nobody has been there this year except me.

Anyway, the pics are here

Check out the runoff in Stony Creek, its incredible. That is normally a good fishing and swimming spot. Now its a roaring beast.

Wow! that place is gorgeous! How do I get there?

I agree, it is gorgeous. I love living here!

Directions are too long to post here, and would get you totally lost if you didn't know the area. In general, its at the edge of the Trinity National Forest, E by NE of Stirling City, or W by NW of Pulga.

My back yard :)

I'd be happy to show you (or anyone) any time.

Hey, I live in Chico, gimme a buzz if you want to go wheeling in the next couple weeks. After that I'm ditchin' this friggin heat and moving down the coast to Monterey Co.

Back