• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

window regulators

In case anyone wants to know, my right side spring broke in mine in the middle of the mail route Saturday. I bought the Dorman complete assembly from autozone. I'm happy to see that it has the upgraded metal part where the spring is mounted to the part that goes up and down. It operates smoothly, only time will tell if the quality is up to par. It does seem to be a hair slower on the lifting side though. If the door panel wasn't such a pain in the ass I'd switch the motor and see if that made any difference.

In case anyone wants to know, my right side spring broke in mine in the middle of the mail route Saturday. I bought the Dorman complete assembly from autozone. I'm happy to see that it has the upgraded metal part where the spring is mounted to the part that goes up and down. It operates smoothly, only time will tell if the quality is up to par. It does seem to be a hair slower on the lifting side though. If the door panel wasn't such a pain in the ass I'd switch the motor and see if that made any difference.

Pretty sure the Napa ones I buy are rebranded Dormans.
On my 3rd in 10 years.
first one lasted about 6 months and the second one about 8 years.
Mine came with a lifetime warranty and seeing how the job is not that bad doesn't bug a real lot.
I did check to see if a Mopar motor would work in the Dorman regulator and it will not.
The gearing is a different size.
I would post a picture here for you to see but unlike other forums I am on would need a 3rd party photo thing.
And just refuse to do that.
LOL.

Back