• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about Mojave, CA

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I may have the opportunity to work a contract for Space Ship Company in Mojave. I will have to find a place to stay while there for probably a year. Any locals have any input on what is available or the area in general. I grew up in the desert, so I am familiar with the heat. Open to Airbnb type situation, rent a room in a home...or an extended stay or cheap apartment. What kind of coin is it going to cost me? If somebody has a driveway or place I can park my teardrop and get an electrical hookup, I might be interested in roughing it.

Thinking of bringing out my XJ and my teardrop for getting away for weekends.

Ed? Now there's a ghost if I ever saw one!

I am still out here, although not as active as I used to be. My son however will be pulling my 88 XJ out of it's desert hibernation over the summer and wants to make it his daily driver. He has been driving it and beating it off-road on desert trails accessed out of my parent's ranch for years, so it will take some sweat to tighten up the suspension (and I expect he will want to fix the air conditioning). We will see how it goes.

Ed? Now there's a ghost if I ever saw one!

Yah !... even longer then your hiatus...

Desert Beach as in down next to the S. Sea ??

Sorry Old Man... nothing to offer concerning the High Desert...

Curt

Back