• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pre/post 97 compatibility

Joshua13

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys im new to the forum and i looked through the FAQ and couldnt find anything. i have an 88 XJ that was just written off and have now purchased a 2000 im wondering what parts i can swap over? i have a 3" lift, springs, shocks track bar, 1 ton jrc steering linkage. rim bolt pattern. bumpers etc.

is there a compatibility chart or something? thanks for the help.

Suspension parts should be fine, but bumpers may not.

One way to look at a part and determine if it will fit across the years is to look at what the manufacturer says it will fit. I am guessing that you are looking at swapping across a number of aftermarket upgrades. The application charts for each part will be far more accurate than a rule of thumb.

I do not know of any compatibility chart, post a list of parts in question, and somebody will provide answers.

Lift kit parts, steering parts, and rims will fit any year. Stock bumpers can be modified to fit, most aftermarket bumpers should fit all years.

Back