• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems after 12 hole injection upgrade

Color difference
eb91e88912acfbf59cf8d319ae8432a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

There is zero data out there to support any of the claims made concerning 12 port injectors. None. Aside from people's butt-dynos, and I've never been shown the NIST calibration stamp on a butt dyno so I don't trust them, especially given people are generally comparing brand new chinesium 12 port injectors vs their multi hundred thousand mile, multi decade old gunked up factory injectors.

Every time I have pressed Raffi about dyno testing his injectors he has evaded the question and not actually done it. The original claim was they make more power and low end torque. Then they were claimed to improve idle and throttle response. Then fuel economy. Every time something does not pan out or people ask for proof of things that the sellers know is not possible, the goalposts change.

I will believe it when someone proves - comparing new 1 or 4 hole injectors to new 12 hole - ANY of the above claims, using actual, calibrated test equipment and rigorous testing procedures. Until then it is bullshit and the sellers are just making money off of the uninformed masses by selling chinesium injectors.

A sucker born every minute.

I think this thread says it all. You really should go back and read it again, you were told several times about those injectors.

pretty much this.

Raffi sells crappy knockoff injectors from China. This has been well known for a long time. People still fall for it and still call it an "upgrade" which boggles my mind as missing and bucking do not constitute an upgrade as far as I am concerned.

Given that you have two sets that are both bunk and one set of stock ones that have no problems, had no problems when put back in in between chinesium junk sets, and had no problems originally, I would "upgrade" to the originals you took out and tell Raffi to piss up a rope. I will have to discuss having injector upgrade stickers made by one of the other NAXJA members. No injector change necessary, just put the sticker on and enjoy your performance improvement. You can even tell people they're 36-hole injectors (if you own 6 jeeps, and count all the injectors.)

pretty much this.

Raffi sells crappy knockoff injectors from China. This has been well known for a long time. People still fall for it and still call it an "upgrade" which boggles my mind as missing and bucking do not constitute an upgrade as far as I am concerned.

Given that you have two sets that are both bunk and one set of stock ones that have no problems, had no problems when put back in in between chinesium junk sets, and had no problems originally, I would "upgrade" to the originals you took out and tell Raffi to piss up a rope. I will have to discuss having injector upgrade stickers made by one of the other NAXJA members. No injector change necessary, just put the sticker on and enjoy your performance improvement. You can even tell people they're 36-hole injectors (if you own 6 jeeps, and count all the injectors.)

2dPjLi-JGkLIAk0Ct63cBYMfX40BzDhTVEiHgufiXJlWbW4GmCTGhrLNTmh_G8Mb5IwDAUHdV2BxoIX5-yt0m8XtSpM5e0uJTm9z3jKbWxZMZYp1aLKKO3EdQI599tV48-E8GmA9Bg8=w1200

But he says he doesn't deal in Chinese injectors...

Well that's bullshit. (As you're obviously aware.)

As for the absolute perfect track record thing. The thread I posted this in on facebook either disappeared or I just can't find it (even odds on that, FB search is terribad) - my wife works in the failure analysis department of a major tier 1 automotive sensor IC manufacturer.
Zero-mile failures like this are taken EXTREMELY seriously. Every single one is tested in the "customer assembly" (for example, a crank sensor w/ molded on plastic housing, bracket, cable, and connector), then if a failure is detected, it is disassembled to extract the component that failed, and tested again. If the failure is no longer extant, it is deemed to have been a "customer assembly issue" and the support ticket is closed. If the failure is still present, the component is deprocessed - the housing ground down and then dissolved painstakingly with acid to expose the semiconductor die - and the problem is found, even if it means days spent with a scanning electron microscope, focused ion beam tool, X ray microscope, microscopic thermal scanner, photon emission scope, etc. Each of these tools is well into the five or six figure price range. There have been times when she spent two entire weeks doing a failure analysis on an electronic power steering rack angle sensor or a crank/cam/ABS sensor, only to find out that it was a single failed transistor in an integrated circuit with hundreds of thousands of transistors in it. Two weeks of time with those kinds of tools and one or two skilled engineers is NOT cheap. This is the kind of thing that real automotive suppliers do when faced with a defective part return. Raffi just tells you to keep or toss the failed set and sends you more because... he's probably paying a lot less than he charges for those chinesium injectors, so pissing off the occasional customer with bunk parts and throwing a free set at them to placate them is just a cost of doing business.

Acceptable failure rates are in the low single digit parts per million range, if not lower, depending on the OEM. So for example in 1996 when Jeep made 286000 Cherokees, the vast majority of them with 6 injectors each, they bought 1.716 million injectors.

At a failure rate of 10ppm - far higher than I would expect Chrysler to have tolerated from a tier one supplier like Bosch - that means I would expect 17 failed injectors in the entire 1996 model year production run. Absolute maximum. And that level of failures would result in high level management meetings, angry phone calls to Bosch, many hours of Bosch engineering team overtime to find the problem, etc.

Raffi has sold what, a few thousand injectors maybe? Let's call it ten thousand to be generous.

I have personally seen more than 17 threads concerning misfiring, stuttering, etc - that were determined to be caused by defective injector(s) he supplied. Alex here got two sets with at least one bad injector each.

That is a failure rate - minimum - of 283ppm. (assuming 1 failed injector per set - probably a low estimate - 17 sets containing failures, just what I've seen and probably a low estimate as well - and 10k sets sold.) That is something like 28 times the number of failures that most auto OEMs would already be angry about.

Just buy real injectors from a supplier that's not scooping up garbage from alibaba/ebay and reselling them. Rockauto, most other actual auto parts suppliers, etc aren't going to have this kind of problem.

Last edited:
What's interesting in the pictures Alex posted, one injector is setup for a single intake valve and the other for multiple intake valves.

But they have the same part # stamped on them.

What's interesting in the pictures Alex posted, one injector is setup for a single intake valve and the other for multiple intake valves.

But they have the same part # stamped on them.

They're also different colors, which cracked me up. Apparently china doesn't realize that OEMs color code connectors and injectors and such so that the assemblers can easily tell if they're grabbing the right parts, not just 'cause they feel like making 24lb/hr injectors purple today instead of pink, for the hell of it.

They're also different colors, which cracked me up. Apparently china doesn't realize that OEMs color code connectors and injectors and such so that the assemblers can easily tell if they're grabbing the right parts, not just 'cause they feel like making 24lb/hr injectors purple today instead of pink, for the hell of it.

What cracks me up is they have two different spray patterns, probably two different flow rates and the exact same part number. Just different colors, which would never happen with a genuine OEM injector. :gee:

See this is what I wanted to make this thread. Proving these were junk with actual proof and explaining why. Thanks folks hopefully this will help a lot of people steer clear down the line.

I wish I could say I ended up with these out of stupidity. And i guess in a way i did. But someone i know put these in his 89 stroker and they are working to this day. I then saw these injectors marketed on the ksuspension page for the 4.0. I even sent him a message with my year and engine type to confirm! It's really sad to see someone doing this to the jeep community. I think we have the best vehicle community in the world. I'd call this case closed.

-Alexander

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looks like it. Appears to be a USCAR/EV6 to Jetronic/EV1/Junior Power Timer connector adapter, I assume for running a newer injector in a 98ish? and down XJ.

Why is everybody so opposed to going old school? How about a simple plug reading? It should tell you a bunch. To me it sounds like you are probably running too rich.

I went back to my OEM injectors with 180k on them. For some reason I started getting P020X codes last week or so and they kept happening on the 12 hole injectors. OEM injectors feel exactly the same but no codes or bucking. the only pro I can tell is the 12 holes fire the engine up immediately where the 1 hole injectors take another second of cranking.

P020x indicates an electrical circuit fault on the injector controls. Only 3 things that can be:
the injector/injector connector
the harness/injector plug
the ECU

90% of the time on XJs it's the harness where it jumps from the engine to the firewall but given that swapping your OEM injectors made it go away, I'm going to blame the chinesium Ksuspension injectors or the connector on them. I'm actually kinda surprised, I would have expected the winding and plug in those injectors to be fine, it's not hard to get it right. I figured the mechanical components and nozzle would be the things to fail. Though one guy posted pictures of Ksuspension injectors that literally melted recently. They were replaced free, but... do you really want your injectors to melt? I don't. Sounds like a great way to start a car-be-que.

the p020X eventually became P030X, random cylinder misfires and specific cylinder misfire codes. i thought it was the connector as well but i'm not wasting any more of my time with the snake oil.

Back