• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Account Activation Email

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
Well everything seemed to be working fine with my new NAXJA email until I changed my NAXJA email contact (in user prefs) to my new @naxja.org email. I haven't gotten the 'confirmation email' yet and was reading about others having issues with the new NAXJA server (something changed?) not sending all the email notifications out. Also, IIRC well I changed my email awhile back the notification/confirmation came almost instant. Mabye an Admin can re-send or even just send a new one?

On a side note, before I became helpless, black, and not able to post due to the activation thing I posted a thread in the Email forum about using and setting up External email clients. Hopefully that helps some people.

Thanks guys,
Bill

Check you spam box. I will resend another shortly

OK, still looking in to it. My internet has been out for a week now, so it is taking some time. "borrowing" a flakey "on and off" wireless signal, as well as using the business center here at the compound takes the fun out of it. :)

Works for me... I just wanna get back to being able to post and access member stuff...

Seems odd, I guess its just NAXJA. Everything else I've tested/changed over is working great.

RCman said:
That's ok... I can wait... I just wanna get back to being able to post and access member stuff...

Seems odd, I guess its just NAXJA. Everything else I've tested/changed over is working great.

Oops, wow... this day is going great... now it looks like I can't even post right...

RCman said:
Oops, wow... this day is going great... now it looks like I can't even post right...

Maybe you should just go on back to bed then? Start the day over? :D

Glenn said:
Maybe you should just go on back to bed then? Start the day over? :D

Good idea... I'll stop lurking here and let you get back to figuring this issue out and hopefully finding a way to get me re-activated. I'll go take a nap and then head off to work...

:thumbup: :speepin:

See if you got it now. Seems that all mail stopped being accepted by Google at 1:32am. Not sure why exactly, but have reverted back to inhouse mail sending for now. :)

Glenn said:
See if you got it now. Seems that all mail stopped being accepted by Google at 1:32am. Not sure why exactly, but have reverted back to inhouse mail sending for now. :)

Nope :(

Nothing new in my inbox or spam folders...

Odd, I am getting notifications now....

Got the test email...

Email was:
Test email sent at 1055hrs. Let me know if you get this.

5 June

ok, that is good. Are you at least getting reply notifications for this thread?

Glenn said:
ok, that is good. Are you at least getting reply notifications for this thread?

Nope, none of them either...
The forum also seems to be very slow in the last few minutes...

I tried going back to my other email address, it sent a confimation there, I confirmed it worked. Yet when I went back to trying the @naxja.org email it doesn't send it or I don't get it. Other forums and my email subscriptions worked fine.

I guess if may not work and I'll just have to use my other email address. :(

RCman said:
Nope, none of them either...
The forum also seems to be very slow in the last few minutes...

I tried going back to my other email address, it sent a confimation there, I confirmed it worked. Yet when I went back to trying the @naxja.org email it doesn't send it or I don't get it. Other forums and my email subscriptions worked fine.

I guess if may not work and I'll just have to use my other email address. :(

Interesting... I will keep poking around.

Yes the forum was slow, I did a quick maint run on the db.

Glenn said:
Interesting... I will keep poking around.

Yes the forum was slow, I did a quick maint run on the db.

Well I just went back to my old email account for now, and that seems to be working fine.

When/If you find an issue with the @naxja.org email addys and the site, let me know so I can finish switching everything over!

Thanks,
Bill

Back