• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Connecting new wires to stock headlight connector

jeo

NAXJA Forum User
How do you do this? I pulled my headlights out (put in Bosch H4s) and was going to upgrade my light harness, but I couldn't figure out how to connect larger wiring into the stock locations on the stock connector. Is there an aftermarket connector available that you can use?
I know I'll see at least one of these hasta but I did search and did not see this question brought up. The stock wires are way tiny...

I used an aftermarket H4 harness (ebay) and just followed their directions - very easy.

these guys sell an H$ harness kit specifically for the xj
http://www.bigoffroad.com/

Last edited:
I'm trying to avoid buying a full harness, as I'm very capable of making my own. Just need to know how to connect to the bulb. Do you just solder direct or can you get another connector to go onto the back of the bulb, or can you somehow plug larger wires into the back of the stock connector?

I found replacement connectors on the shelf at the local parts store. Had to crimp down the connectors a bit to get a good connection on the H4 blades.

Back