• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O.K. B's Build Thread

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
OK well I think i have procrastinated on this for long enough.
Along my build i have taken quite a few pics and lost quite a few.
If you just want to see pictures theyre here: http://s1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj529/1Outkastboss/

Here it is Stock
CIMG0049.jpg

Our goal was an Expedition type rig that would be reliable, capable and would be very streetable still.

During the year or so we saved up to do the lift/bumper/winch that we did all in one weekend i spent countless hours on here reading through threads and built our whole rig on paper and have managed to stay on course with that plan.

Last edited:
When we did get our lift we got it From D.P.G.

Dirk spent an inordinate amount of time talking w me about what i was going to do and what i expected from this rig..

We ended up with 4" super ultimate hybrid kit..
its got c5034ra O.M.E. leafs with D22xl extra leaf
. its also got N35l and n36l O.M.E. Long travel shocks

and for the weight of the bumper and winch he switched the front springs to 934 O.M.E. ZJ coils with a 2" R.E. coil spacer .

Also over the few days of my install he was called multiple times and was allways super friendly and helpful .. ABSOLUTELY the best service ive had from any company in any buisness.

I Liked this kit because it felt pretty complete with the
Jks Lower Control arms .... jks adjustable trackbar.... jks adjustable rear bump stops... jks quicker disconects... R.E. SS brakelines front and back....R.E. U bolts......R.E. bumpstop for the front...... And the D.P.G. disco cable tie ups so your quick discos dont flop around while wheeling .. I did this and a bumper and winch all at once What a transformation over a few days..
P6170028.jpg
P6180039.jpg
P6160016.jpg
P6160021.jpg
P6160020.jpg

Looks like i dont have a photo of the trackbar but its pretty beefy looking i.mo. ill add one to the photobucket site later.

I am still Sorting the pics before they go to photobucket so Thats all for today but theres plenty more already done to the jeep so there is more coming soon.

I am new at this and have been doing all of the work myself (and a bunch with my buddy chachi) and buying the tools along the way. I have to say i would not have done this well or gotten this far without this site as a reference and often as a walkthrough with pictures.

Last edited:
No finished pic of the heep??

when you post pictures hit the enter buttong in between.

photobucket link

photobucket link

Sounds like a cool build, I've always like the newer body style in silver

You're gonna love that lift!!!! Almost identical to mine except for the shocks, which I will eventually get.

Yea The Lift is Like almost 2 years old now and your right Flex I LOVE it!

I Have done quite a bit more to it over these two years so more pics to come Kmanxj5050 (i got too tired to post the finished pics last night) Thanks for the tip on posting the pics im still learning.

Rev That pic of the Ubolts was during install they got trimmed before it left the garage .
when i did it i messed the threads up pretty good though so when i did my axle swap i had to get new ones and found the correct length at the local parts shop.

The quicker disconnect was also adjusted properly before leaving the garage as well (in the pic its super long)

Last edited:
We did the winch, Bumper, and C-Rok steering brace at the same time as the lift so on to that before the finished pics after the weekend.

So I Scored a Warn 8274 (that even has the Jeep special equipment sticker)
From a friends dad and Refinished it and spooled it up with Rockstomper Synthetic winch line and Aluminum Fairlead.

And for my bumper i got a logans metals Prerunner and while i am happy with the bumper their C.S. is Terrible. While searching for their bumper i found that they sold it a bit cheaper on e-bay. However i called in my order and simply asked for the E-bay price wich she very kindly gave me and even cheerfully told me the hardware would be free since i was calling in and ordering directly because they were doing a promotion. So im thinking great double good deal on a very reasonably priced bumper.. I also ordered a Foot forward style mount from them for the Winch (also a reason i went with their bumper).

So then i wait.... and wait... and wait... and get no bumper what i do get is multiple it will be ready this week replies and even a its built and ready to ship False alarm (maybe they made a batch shipped them and i didnt get mine made?) anyway finally when it comes ... no hardware so at first im told it will be sent right away.. then im told i don't get the free hardware because i ordered from e-bay (wich i did not) and proved to them that i did not.

And then came the fitment issues . One of the reasons i went with them is that they sold the foot forward mount and of course it would bolt right up to their own bumper with their pre drilled holes and their mounts "universal to most winch bumpers" Warn mount with slotted holes for fitment.. but nope! the holes werent slotted far enough to attach to their own bumper.

Also on their site the warn mount has a cut in one side of it (mine does not) So the winch doesnt clear the mount and doesnt fit in the dang thing. And the Pre-runner bars sit further back than the mount (wich sits kind of too far forward anyway)

So far in fact that i had to make spacers to mount the winch offet as far back to the grill as i could to barely fit it in there..

I ended up clearancing some of the ribbing (reinforcement?) on the aluminum body of the winch rather than cut the steel.
(now that i know how easy it is to cut steel with a disk on an electric grinder i mightve done it differently)

Have never had any issues with the winch and like the bumper after the initial headache.

I ran out of the Silverstone grey paint so i temporarily had a part black bumper

You can see my black stock rims w silver caps and my $20 Craigslist B.F.G. A/T's that had crappy tread ( ran them for like a year before i got aftermarket rims and new tires)

Here shows how deep i cut into the ribbing on the body of the winch .. just to the left of where the thin rib is cut it angles up to the stock dimension so it isnt cut any further to the left than needed

P6190054.jpg

And That Brings us To The true start of this addiction because i absolutely loved the results and the ride quality It rode surprisingly smooth and i had no vibes without a S.Y.E.

P8060400.jpg

P8060399.jpg

The Stupid Carabiner was temporary and of no use besides holding the hook.. i have shackles now and for a while i had a racketball drilled and the slit on one side then placed over the rope and super glued back together .. (as a bump stop for the winch) it worked good untill a buddy ripped it off "trying to help".

Last edited:
Better make sure your cooling system is 100%, considering 80% of your grille is covered.

HAHA yea i was wondering if i would run hotter and had planned on doing hood vents if it did but it ran right at the 210 it allways did even when wheeling or towing that i do periodically ..

(it runs a touch cooler now after i did my aux trans cooler but ill get to that later)

Never did them because it never ran hot on me.
but i recently had to put an egg in the rad. to stop a leak at the endcap so im planning on getting the American Eagle 2-row with the 1" tubes. since its fully welded (after i get my motor rebuilt)

Last edited:
looking good man, looking forward to you making the trip out and getting those stiffys welded up and putting on the side bars :thumbup:

looking good man, looking forward to you making the trip out and getting those stiffys welded up and putting on the side bars :thumbup:

Me Too im just waiting on the good ole Tax refund to get the Motor Done and then i can actually get going on that . I cant wait to get this thing back in action and get that done !

This is one of those situations where i treat my objects like women . It kills me to see my jeep sitting there broken. It wont be long now though
(or so i keep telling myself)

Not alot going on today so heres some more of the story.
Now it was time to disconnect and see what we could do with this thing. so we went to Washita offroad park in Farmington, Mo this is my second favorite place i have ever 4 wheeled. well maybe 3rd. because i have been to Moab in my wrangler and Up in the mountains in Colorado.

We really like washita because theres lots of rock and with bald knob being there its fun to have a goal and a rewarding view if you can make it to the top . ( we did not our frst time out) on our second (or maybe third) time out we made it up to Bald knob and the view was great .

It was funny because all we saw up there was way bigger more built rigs . one guy asked me how i even got up there (not gonna lie that felt good)

But at the same time some of the trails (at least the way i went) got Really tight so i was wondering hopw such large vehicles got up there.

P8270494.jpg

Tightrail.jpg

P8280501.jpg

And then it turns to rocks as you go up

RoughRocks.jpg

bigstep.jpg

justclear.jpg

Rocks.jpg

This Seemed like a reasonable place to park for lunch
lunchflex.jpg

And then Bald Knob with a view of the campground and beyond
My D shackle mount was hitting the rock so i couldnt flex it all the way out but i bet someone with a long arm and better front approach could get one hell of a picture here
100_0993.jpg

Back