• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old stage again. 4-28

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Gonna do it again the 28th. Gonna plan on cooking some food and doing it rather chill and make another dent in the damage. Please let me know if you are available and interested in joining. Ill be bringing at least two other people with me to help clean.

FWIW a few people off CO4x4 are already interested. Hope naxja can have a good turn out. I want to Get an image of the group there and potentialy banner of the represented forums/clubs to send to FS/RD to show who is out there making a difference.

SolarBell officially sucks.

I wanna help....... but dammit that's the wife's B-day........ doubt she'd be up to doing anything related to cleaning.......

If it may be of help/use, I could make my MJ trailer available for someone willing to haul it up there and back..... as long as they bring it back to me empty....... :D

We can certainly make the banner available too. It's at my place currently. Would need a pair of axle shafts to put in some wheel stands though.

cooking -- so afternoon/evening?

Prolly mix it up a bit. Some people cleaning as others cook and eat then rotate??
Shooting will Prolly be a decide upon arrival kinda thing.
Last time we started just before ten and left after 430

I won't be done with the baseball thing until around 3pm on the 28th, plus an hour up there from monument gets me there at 4pm... that's why I'm trying to get a better feel for the schedule. You guys figure out what you're doing and we'll do our best -- my youngest is in the "collect brass/shells" phase, so he is obviously itching to get up there and bring some "trash" home. I'm sure his mom is equally psyched. :D

How far is this from Lone tree? And can we get an explorer there?

We only left that early due to weather. Im down to stay later.

Flex...you are looking about 1hour+ to springs then another 45 to get up to the area. A fwd or rwd can make it up there. Lots to see up there too.

I'd love to help out (especially with the eating part :D ) but between a birthday party and gear install that day I won't be able to make it.

Hope you guys have a good turn out though. We need to organize something like this for Left Hand too.

We only left that early due to weather. Im down to stay later.

Flex...you are looking about 1hour+ to springs then another 45 to get up to the area. A fwd or rwd can make it up there. Lots to see up there too.

Noted. We'll be down at Pikes Peak one day, not sure when just yet.

You could combine it with a Pike's Peak trip. It's essentially on the south side of Pike's Peak. It's an old stage/rail road route to Cripple Creek. It's fun to drive on. It's worth following it up to Victor and then to Cripple Creek. Lot's of old mine stuff, and a huge new gold mine that's leaching all the rock the oldtimers left behind. It would be a long day, but you'd see alot of what CO is about.

I will post this up on military jeepers site and see I can get some guys to hell out. I know we did some cleaning up at the entrance of eagle rock last year. I'm sure could do it again.

You could combine it with a Pike's Peak trip. It's essentially on the south side of Pike's Peak. It's an old stage/rail road route to Cripple Creek. It's fun to drive on. It's worth following it up to Victor and then to Cripple Creek. Lot's of old mine stuff, and a huge new gold mine that's leaching all the rock the oldtimers left behind. It would be a long day, but you'd see alot of what CO is about.

Let me talk to my buddy and see what he wants to do. I'm sure he'll be fine with it.

I think we are going to try and do pikes peak and garden of the gods on Saturday. We'll try and make this! You don't mind three hoosiers helping out do you?

Back