• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

The new 15,000th post

My '66 was 3 on the tree, no syncros. I figure if you can drive that, you can drive pretty much anything smaller than a big truck.

Amen, I learned to drive on a Nissian Sentra, and as soon as I grasped the concept I got thrown into a 70's work van that had a 3 on the tree. Talk about a learning curve. And to add to the fun sometimes at stoplights the linkage would bind up and you had to get out at the stoplight and knock it loose. Usually about the time the light was turning green.

Parakeet

I learned on my dad's early 70's Subaru wagon, and my buddy's brand new '76 Chevy PU.

Cindy learned on an old Ford van, 3 on the tree. She had a Hyundai Excel (4-spd) when we got married, traded that in on a Taurus SHO (5-spd). Then in '96 we got her the '92 XJ (auto), and by the time I got my 94 5-spd last year, she pretty much forgot how to drive manual...

haha! that very well could have been it! I do remember once in college I was walking back from a party and stopped in fronnt of the grocery store where they were selling decorative pumpkins and I "layed down" for a few minutes and awoke by a lady screaming b/c I scared her and she thought I was dead....it was quite sobbering :D

I learned how to drive a stick helping my father. He worked on big trucks (18 wheelers). He would let me drive them around the lot. The parts truck was a International pick up truck standard shift so, between the two, I learned gear jamming at a early age.

Nick

Go Bengals!! WHO-DEY!!!

I got my learning done on an '84 F250 diesel. It had the Granny gear 3 sp. I made the mistake of using granny gear a couple times and wound up hitting my head on the back window. Stuck with 1st after that. It wasn't long before I could drive just about anything with wheels.

Just received notificaion that I will be attending a week of training next August in Lexington, KY....I know we have a few members in that area...Styrker, your in that area aren't ya??

Also going to Salt Lake City, UT in September for another week of training, so I may have to look up some members out there to hang out with....

97 Accord here. Dad made me do laps around the local elementary school until I could shift without making the car shudder.

The Chevy is fun to seatbelt check the wifey if I use Low to start out :D

Just received notificaion that I will be attending a week of training next August in Lexington, KY....I know we have a few members in that area...Styrker, your in that area aren't ya??

Also going to Salt Lake City, UT in September for another week of training, so I may have to look up some members out there to hang out with....

I am near louisville, ky. 90 miles away.......

The Utards are good people, I've wheeled and drank beer with many of them :thumbup:

I learned on a 2008 Infiniti G37-S lol. well actually i learned on an onld diesel Kubota and a 96 TJ

no one else caught this? i have yet to see a titled 96 TJ or 96 YJ...

nevertheless, I learned to drive a stick on a friend of the family's 1984 Bronco II...then regularly drove my 1980 chevy luv for many many years...including two trips to the badlands before my buying the XJ....

mac 'seems like just yesterday we flipped 10k posts' gyvr

no one else caught this? i have yet to see a titled 96 TJ or 96 YJ...

Interesting piece of information, I had to go search it out to "get" it:

"The YJ gave way to the TJ for the 1997 model year (note that there was no 1996 model year; the 1997 TJ was released in Spring 1996)."

I can add that to the same list as the '83 Corvette.

Well, I'll jump on the wagon too.
I learned in a International chassied, Blue Bird bodied 65 passenger school bus at about 13 (?).
Had a DT360 I6 Diesel & Spicer 5 speed in it

I couldn't honestly claim the 'real' 15,000 since we all know there's some originals missing.

no..but at this point...its as original as its going to get...

mac 'its a mystery' gyvr

Back