• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guns owners vs. Jeep owners

What if any guns do you own?

• Handguns

Votes: 13 11.0%
  • Rifles

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Shotguns

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Cannons

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • All or most of the above

Votes: 82 69.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
RTicUL8 said:
You forgot "None of the above."

I'm not a gun hater. I just spend my money on other hobbies, etc.
Damn...I am an idiot. Better take my guns away before I hurt myself. :D

What Remi hasn't brought out his arsenal yet???

Numerous toys thanks to the wisdom of our fore fathers and the second amendment!!

If guns are responsible for killing people the spoon is responsible for Rosie O'Donnell being fat!!

No, I didn't type that, my keyboard must be responsible for it!! :lecture:

Brendan_91XJ said:
What Remi hasn't brought out his arsenal yet???
I was working on replacing a damn nearly brand new unibearing that just fell appart on the splines! The axle nut was tight so it looks like a poor quality unibearing :( And it was Timken to top it all off!

Anyways, lets just say I got guns and I should probably buy another safe :D

I have smal arsenal.

Pistols
Colt 70 series Goverment .45 acp
Colt 70 series Gold Cup National Match .45 acp
Colt SAA New Fronteir Buntline .22 or .22 mag
S&W 28-2 N frame .357 mag
Baretta 92fs the better one 9mm
Intratec Tec-22 .22
Intratec Tec-9 9mm

Rifles
Remington Nylon 66 .22cal
Type 99 Arisaka 7.7x58 Jap
Bushmaster AR-15 .223
Ruger 10/22 .22

Starboard M said:
Im actually from the States, Im studying abroad for a semester in Austria. :dunce:

So I dont really know, although from what Ive heard, its next to impossible to own a gun unless the guberment feels that you need one or are at risk.

Funny the last time I was in Austria, the gun salesman was trying to sell me a FN FAL.
No real laws against owning one in Austria or Switzerland (they actually encourage ownership), though you usually need a license to buy ammo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland

M1 Garand in 30-06
1911 Springfield armory in .45 acp
Tika T3 in .338
S&W Alaska Backpacker II in .44 Mag
Marlin 1895SS GG in .45-70
Rem 870 Winmaster in 12 Ga
Benelli in 12 Ga

too many sold off to list...Stupid CA laws

Oh and you can have cannons in CA

I originally got into 4x4's because I like to hunt. I'm sure if you polled hunters and other outdoorsman, you would find that a majority own 4x4's.

hmmmmmmm 1903A1 Springfield, 1898 Siamese Mauser in 45/70, A well worn Mossberg 500 with some spare barrels,a Smith and Wesson model 3000, and a nice Charles Daley over and under 12 ga... - sold everything else off about 15 years ago, otherwise this list would be substantially longer........

Wow, any avid collectors though? I saw a few M1's, maybe one or two M14's. 1903 Springfield... Did catch that one. A Benelli. I recently purchased a Krieghoff for comp. shooting.

Krieghoffs are sweet, the guy I bought my daley from sold the daley and some nice brownings to get some extra cash for a beautiful Krieghof over under, with a set of barrels for 12,20 and 410 skeet, just an awesome shotgun.

8Mud said:
Funny the last time I was in Austria, the gun salesman was trying to sell me a FN FAL.
No real laws against owning one in Austria or Switzerland (they actually encourage ownership), though you usually need a license to buy ammo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_Switzerland
Couldnt really find any info about gun control in Austria via google.

Apparently the tests are a lot harder and you have to be 21 to buy guns. Not sure wither thats hand guns, or all guns however.

http://www.iansa.org/regions/europe/austria_suicides2007.htm

Ill let you know about Switzerland. Ill be going there in two weeks. Maybe I can buy something there, and ship it home... :twak:

I asked my Austrian landlady, briefly about guns, and she didnt really know. I didnt want to push the subject and have her think Im some crazy killer.

Del00XJ said:
Wow, any avid collectors though? I saw a few M1's, maybe one or two M14's. 1903 Springfield... Did catch that one. A Benelli. I recently purchased a Krieghoff for comp. shooting.
M1 Garand restored with all WWII parts and original barrel (1943)
M1 Carbine (pics looked nice, haven't picked it up yet)
1927 Mauser: all serial numbers are matching (including the little metal pieces)

Starboard M said:
Guns kill people and should be illegal. :skull2:

Jeeps kill!! Should they be illegal too? :doh:

One more year till I can own handguns.... :rattle:

I cant wait.

Del00XJ said:

My dad has a nice collection of older military rifles, he even gave me this M1 carbine a few years ago. :)
2004_1225Image0008.jpg

Back