• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arms vs mid arms

rkates

NAXJA Forum User
I'm redoing the front susp. on the jeep and was going to go long(32" lowers) arms but I'm second guessing my plans. So the question is am I going to see any difference between l vs mid? The jeep sees double duty( road and rock)

Not sure if it helps but waggy 44 5.13's Detroit 36"iroks

Thanks for any help

The biggest/only difference between long and mid arms is length :gee:

Properly setup, they both perform fine and work great. There should be no real noticeable difference.

midarms work great. i see no real need for anything much longer on an xj. I have more than enough travel and the control arm stays at a decent angle throughout the range of travel (with raised control arm mounts on the axle).
Its easy to build and you don't need to cut into your floor to get decent antisquat numbers (if you care about that). Doesnt interfere with the transmission crossmember area, so you don't have to build around that either.

Its just simple to build and down right works.

If you are building it all yourself, the choice is simple. Build the arms exactly the length you want to maximize suspension performance and on road handling.

Why would you second guess longarms because of road duty? My 3 link has 32" lowers I believe and rides great on the road.

long arms are better for taller jeeps becouse short arms become to vertical and taller hights due to geometry goodluck

About 7 months late to the party and nobody is talking about short arms.

long arms are better for taller jeeps becouse short arms become to vertical and taller hights due to geometry goodluck

:doh:

this is about mid arms or long arms....height would not matter in either case (unless it is stupid tall 9"+)

Back