• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler LA kit

kme743

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking to upgrade to a long arm set up. I looked at rusty's and clayton. Both are about $800.Rock krawler's long arm kit is about $475. Does anybody have any feedback on the rock krawlers? I dont really have the cash for the rustys or claytons and dont really get that hardcore. I'm at 4.5" short arm and going up to 6.5". Just looking for a better ride than the short arms. I know that i could get the RE drop brackets, but i would need to get adj. uca and lca. Keep in mind that this is a dd. Thanks!!

I run the new RK LA and it works fine, its designed as a bolt on but we welded bolth the ones we installed just to make sure it doesn't shift. I've run it down the HWY at 70 with 37s no prob.
Led

Led said:
I run the new RK LA and it works fine, its designed as a bolt on but we welded bolth the ones we installed just to make sure it doesn't shift. I've run it down the HWY at 70 with 37s no prob.
Led

actually the Gen II kit REQUIRES welding! its listed as a STEP to take during installation... the Gen II kit is actually pretty decent for the price, and jeremy has done a great job turning that company around.

I have the rockkrawler La kit and love it. i have had it for about a year and half and i use my xj as a D.D. I have not had any problems with it at all. Also something cool about this kit is that you use stock cross-member. and the lower links do not mount to the cross member like all the other LA kits. This way if you have to drop the cross member you dont have to worry about disco. the control arm or drop out the whole thing. Might help out if you break something on the trail.

Also the RE drop brackets, you can use your stock upper and lowers. The reason why I say this.. that is the setup I am running. Rides nice, but I am looking at doing a LA conversion.

Do this kit become a three link, I do not see the fourth link in the pics on there website??? confused>???

Hey xjrockkrawler I also would love to see some pics of this system installed. I'm in the process of installing an RE 3.5 Superflex and I'm already thinking of an upgrade.

HoodRichXJ said:
do i just mention to RK that i am a member of pirate4x4 to get the discount or is there anything else involved? steve

last time i talked to jeremy, that was an old deal... but he may still honor it.

brandon

Back