• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changed Fuel Injectors- Now all lights flash and car won't start?

RShotl

NAXJA Forum User
I am not sure what is going on with my jeep, I changed a fuel injector-- and now it's acting all crazy. As soon as I open the door, all my blinkers start flashing as well as the light inside, like if I had my emergency hazards on-- but they aren't. I try to start the car and it does nothing...........

The little red light on the left of the dash flashes 3 times and pasues, 3 times and pasues and another 3 times........ what's this light?

Anyone have an idea whats going on? Muchos gracias, been trying to fix my Jeep up and it's very tricky for someone with little experience. I try to fix one problem, and all sorts of crazy things start happening.

THX :yap:

start by disconnecting your battery (both terminals), and turning the key on. then go watch a movie or something for a while.

if you're like me and most "average" mechanics, you don't disconnect the battery unless you are working on an airbag or a starter. LOL and sometimes things get shorted or goofy. there have been a couple occasions where i thought i fried something, and after leaving the battery disconnected to reset the computer, everything worked fine.

Damn, I didn't realize I was so stupid for disconnecting the battery......

So I should disconnect the battery with the key in the ignition, turned half way??

Okay... so I disconnected both terminals, put key "on" for like half hour, and reconnected--- did the same thing.

I tried locking all the doors, and hatch with key -- and as soon as I closed the engine bay, flashing lights stopped blinking. I use the key to open the door, get in, and it's entirely dead of any electricity any where-- completely dead.

:(

Hmm... by playing with the locks I was able to make it come back to the stage where electricity works-- and lights go nuts when I enter and car won't even try to start---- hmm, I am locking all the doors and unlocking w/ key and it does this---- Any ideas?

Last edited:
Turning the key half way?????
I think what he meant was turn key to full on, The half way mark ONLY unlocks the steering wheel. In other words, on all the way right before start position.
That's how I understood scorpio_vette.

parkeruph said:
Turning the key half way?????
I think what he meant was turn key to full on, The half way mark ONLY unlocks the steering wheel. In other words, on all the way right before start position.
That's how I understood scorpio_vette.

yeah that's what I have done, as well as locking and unlocking all doors, rear hatch etc.

Does anyone know if it makes a difference that I do not have power locks when trying to reset the SecuritY?

RShotl said:
Does anyone know if it makes a difference that I do not have power locks when trying to reset the SecuritY?
It might make a difference but I don't know for sure. Is there some way, say a fuse or connection that would dis-able the security and go through with the battery dis-connect procedure again? I have power locks but no security system, Just another Idea.

1996 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 4.0L

standard windows, standard locks

I go through the reset procedure, disconnect battery, open door, turn key on, wait half hr, hook up battery, *electricity* turn key off, wont start.... Then all the blinkers and lights inside start flashing.........

I tried locking, unlocking, all the different doors, etc. etc. lights keep flashing....

Since it is a 96 did you get the computer recall yet? If not you might be able to get it figured out free of cost if you go to the right stealership.

Zoro said:
Since it is a 96 did you get the computer recall yet? If not you might be able to get it figured out free of cost if you go to the right stealership.

Computer Recall, no? I can get a new computer free even though the car is many many years old??? I doubt any stealership around here will fix it for free, not to mention a tow would be probably $75 to the closest dealer.

I figured it out! After disconnecting it w/ key, etc. I flipped this switch I found underneath the dash under where the security light is--- got really lucky!!

I wish I could fix these damn misfires now :/

The security light should be to the left of the gauges......

Is that where yours is?

You said you found a switch under the dash where the "security light is"

No factory light is anywhere else except besides the gauges.

You sure it's a factory system? I didn't think factory systems came with a valet button.

Back