• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 jeep comanche build thread

I personally like the rake of the truck, thats the way trucks were meant to be. My GF runs 4.5" coils and soa rear and I think it turned out real nice. I had a lifted super duty that sat level, I hated it, every time I hooked up a trailer it made the truck look dumb squating down in the rear!

I also don't think i'd change the front end on an MJ, they are old school and look cool. I don't think i'd want it to look like a new XJ and those 2500 clips looks like someone puked up ass matter... IMHO :p

damn... tough choice..... I'm gonna go olive drab... (army green)

well i decided on a paint. Rustoleum Semi-gloss black. heres my tailgate which i tested the paint on.
DSC_0059.jpg

there are some saggs in the paint which i will sand out and redo.

well id have to say Im very jealous Ive been trying to find a decent mj for years and still haven't.

looks good but I liked it without the flares... BTW love flat black

I like it..... a LOT!

Well... after lifting mine, and seeing it in person, I know what you mean about the rake! I don't mind some, but it's a little much right now. I am also using 4.5" Rusty's springs, and plan on adding a spacer. I am also going to trim and raise the front flares as well, so that will help with the appearance.

This also shows what yours would have looked like OD green :)

DSCF2638.jpg

went to do some offroading, this may of been the last time with the 2wd!!!!

before:
DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

during:
DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0139.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

after:
DSC_0183.jpg

had a blast. but i had to leave early as my freinds were pulling some one who got stuck out. i get a call an hour later and they told me they had gotten caught by the cops after i left. so i dodged a bullet there...

Back