• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 jeep comanche build thread

f1tbiker6

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased my MJ in June of 08, it was bone stock.
4.0l 6cyl 2wd auto.
DSC_1829.jpg

bought a 4.5" lift from rustys (i know they suck)
DSC_3285.jpg

and some 33x12.5 tires on cragars
tires.jpg

replaced the ICM
DSC_2921.jpg

had to put a new gas tank in
DSC_2934-1.jpg

DSC_2925.jpg

then finally got it lifted (yes, it has alot of rake)
2810850705_8e1f693ed1_b.jpg

2811695336_373b1e7036_b.jpg

2811694338_89fe57a492.jpg

recent updates include new fender flares, vent covers and mirrors. next on my list is a new rear bumper. then i have to take care of the rust, and get her painted.

after all that i will finally start on the 4wd...

let me know what you think.

oh and heres my dads XJ, as this is mainly an xj forum.
2806378904_a252892c3d.jpg

2806378286_20541b6cb5.jpg

well done, love the street side garage too... just be careful of someone spending too much time looking at your ride instead of the road.

2811694338_89fe57a492.jpg

oh and heres my dads XJ, as this is mainly an xj forum.
2806378904_a252892c3d.jpg
Nice lookin' Manche... NAXJA is mostly XJs, in part because of the sheer number built compared to the MJ. Doesn't mean we don't like 'em around here, and they're the same vehicle from the doors forward.

Welcome

Jim www.yuccaman.com

The beast could use some paint but it looks pretty nice the way it is, too.
Any plans to go to 97+ or Beijing front clip?
Regardless... nice ride and welcome to Naxja. Keep us updated w/ pics!

I wouldn't support the Chinese one bit with their 2500 front end. And besides it looks cheaper and less durable. Seems like there's alot more plastic although I might be wrong. It's a reminder of communism to say the least :)

Edit - And Rusty's doesn't suck, never had any problems with their stuff (besides the leaf bushings but they don't make them) and their kits ride great for a fraction of the cost of Rubicon Express or the like!

I wouldn't support the Chinese one bit with their 2500 front end. And besides it looks cheaper and less durable. Seems like there's alot more plastic although I might be wrong. It's a reminder of communism to say the least :)

Edit - And Rusty's doesn't suck, never had any problems with their stuff (besides the leaf bushings but they don't make them) and their kits ride great for a fraction of the cost of Rubicon Express or the like!

im slightly displeased with the kit i got. the front springs provided dont match the amount of lift gained in the rear by doing SOA. and the sway bar drop brackets are just plain silly. ill be getting rid of them very soon. but so far strength wise its holding up very well.

That buggar looks sweet!!! manche's are cool!

im slightly displeased with the kit i got. the front springs provided dont match the amount of lift gained in the rear by doing SOA. and the sway bar drop brackets are just plain silly. ill be getting rid of them very soon. but so far strength wise its holding up very well.
Generally MJs, and most trucks, have a rake so they maintain proper steering and suspension geometry when carrying a load. Looking at the first pic, it already had the rake :D
I think it looks good as it sits, and the rake will actually help with your departure angle.

did some rear flexin.

DSC_3630-1.jpg

DSC_3634.jpg

DSC_3636.jpg

DSC_3639.jpg

DSC_3631.jpg

birthday coming up. getting a back bumper, some hot rod flatz black paint, and some new adjustable lca's and uca's so i can plop my 1.75" spacers in up front. then she'll sit level, AND the wheel will be centered. after that the hunt for a 4wd donor begins.

Looks sick man! can't wait to see what it can do with 4wd!!!:gee:

Do you have any idea how many people have broken his track bar and track bar mount?

I would say all of the stuff he makes in house sucks. Everything else is ok.

Good job on the MJ! Time to trim those fenders and swap in the 4wd.

:cheers:That rig looks great!

Wow... Ignorant much? :gee:

Back