• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's your fuel mileage on 33s?

Plus theres a point where the power justifies the pain at the pump... and you no longer care =)

I don't really care about gas prices. I have no control over it, bitching isn't going to change the fact that it will be purchased when needed. If you need it you will buy it end of story, doesn't matter if it's 2 or 5 dollars a gallon.

My 88 XJ (4.0/auto) on 33x10.5's with 4.56 gears gets around 13-15 around town with my kid driving.

On road trips it gets almost identical MPG as my 2014 JKUR on stock 32" tires 4.10 gears. (18-22).

Last summer we followed each other to Tahoe, every gas stop we were within a gallon of each other.

My '88 on 33's, fully loaded for a 4 night camping trip in Anza Borrego. Fill up here in Vista and stop for fuel in downtown Borrego. Won't take more than 4 gallons. It's a 95 mile drive. Manual transmission with 4:88 gears.

All very interesting -- very little difference between stock i6 and my 350. With a Carb'd Chevy 350, running 4.11 gears and 32"s, I'm getting 12-14 MPG mixed around town driving, when kept in overdrive. I haven't calculated mpg yet with the new terminator EFI, but Holley "claims" 20% increase in efficiency.

I hope you are kidding!

Not kidding. :)

stampede-leap.jpg

What's really crappy is we pay $10 a gallon for gas, too.

13 with metal bumpers from and rear with a winch on it doing 55-60 on. 3.54 gears

For me about 17 mpg hiway. 33x12.5 4.11 differential, aw4 automatic, 1990 Renix six cylinder, along with camping gear loaded kind of heavy.

Off road, 5 to 10 mpg

'99 XJ with 108K miles, 5-speed, 33x12.5x15 BFG AT KO tyres, K&N intake, widened throttle body, aftermarket muffler, roof rack: 15 mpg around town with lots of stop and go. No freeways here, but from memory, highway isn't much better at only 16 mpg.

93 XJ, 230K, AX15, NP231, 3.07, 33X12.5X15 NANKANG MUDSTARS
I get 15-16 mpg mixed highway and city.
I am currently not running a thermostat b/c my electric fan controller for my fans doesnt work anymore and all it does is kill my battery. I try not to stop for long lol

Switching to 355s and 33in tires it puts my speedo ALMOST exactly where it should be, according to my GPS going 50 my speedo says 52

as someone who did this when they were broke in college... i think your MPG calc is off. i agree, it pretty much puts the speedo dead on.

i remember when i realized 5th was useless on the highway and resorted to winding out 4th gear. basically i found that the vehicle was motor limited, and just didnt have enough torque to turn 5th gear on the highway.

if your concerned about mileage... gear your junk. youll get back a lot of driveability (that maybe you dont know youve lost) and see benefits offroad.

i went from 3.55s to an axle swap with 5.13s. that had the opposite problem, i could redline 5th gear and still wasnt doing 70mph. :roflmao:

$1.75/G usd here in Texas
in Canada youre paying C4.54/G which is $3.43/G usd

I am stuck paying more in california, $3.60/ gal. a rip off high tax state, ugh! I sure like Texas. Newsum is basically doubling the gas prices for us out here. But he will give you a tax break if you buy a stupid electric car. I suppose I have bought somebody an electric car with all the gas tax I pay.

Back