• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Return fuel line leak at the metal crimp end

Precious88xj

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep xj is leaking fuel at the return line starting at the crimped fuel end right at the end of the fuel rail line. I cant find a replacement so I was wondering what others have done in this situation. Let me know if your suggestion is based on how you solved the problem or how you think itll be solved thanks in advance .

What im considering to fix is a rubber fuel line with a hose clamp but idk how safe that will be.

My jeep xj is leaking fuel at the return line starting at the crimped fuel end right at the end of the fuel rail line. I cant find a replacement so I was wondering what others have done in this situation. Let me know if your suggestion is based on how you solved the problem or how you think itll be solved thanks in advance .

What im considering to fix is a rubber fuel line with a hose clamp but idk how safe that will be.

I can visualize that. Good description.

You're gonna have to do a splice. Use high quality fuel line intended for fuel injection systems. Use 2 hose clamps at each end.

Use SAE 30R9 rated fuel hose (or 30R10 for submerged use). This is a higher grade hose than what I found connecting the fuel filter on my 96 from the factory, so Jeep considers it safe.

I did something like that over ten years ago: Cut the factory crimp, trimmed the factory hose back about an inch, installed two "aircraft" style hose clamps to secure the hose. So far, so good!

alright i tried to do one hose clamp and it was leaking fuel pressure. Im going to attempt as you suggested two hose clamps at each end i think thatll take care of it

Just remember to rotate one of the clamps:

fetch

This is one of three options I'm considering. If I were to go this rout I would likely put a partial bubble flare on each of the hardlines. Good info on the Clamp and fuel hose specs.

Never mind. I ended up going with PTFE AN6 with compression fittings on the lower hardline, and the F.E. rail.

For a soft line the F.E. rail kinda has a built in hose barb. Sort of.

Back