• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cox89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
100_0345.jpg

I welded my turdy five. Reason????? They do not make a Spool for a 35. It's only a trail Jeep. I trailer it to the trail. If it brakes I'll replace it with something better. >>>>>>Flame away.

You have a winch, right??? you will need one...

You have a spare 35 setup and geared on the trailer?

When that ring gear brakes, your going to have a hard time getting out with no rear end..

Dude you're a Tard!

Paint your XJ yellow NOW! Just call it the 'short bus'.

Last edited:
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. :doh: :roflmao:

Holly cow! A little dab will do ya on the spider gears. All you need is to weld a couple of teeth together on each side. Then hopfully the welds crack and it stays locked but you can get it apart if you need too. How manny rods did you use? My first jeep had a welded front and a rebult factory posi in the rear. Manual steering! I had a back like a boxer after awhile from muscling the wheel.

It's a none "C" clip axle so IF it brakes I should be able to get out of the mountains where I hunt. Yes I have a winch. It cost me nothing except about six hours of my time a few welding rods and some soc (allen) head bolts welded in for filler. A real Tard would have spent $300 on an factory locker for a turdy five. If you are going to weld a rear end, I think I did it correctly. I removed it from the Jeep and welded in on my work bench. BTW Hump A Stump How many rear ends have you welded????

I doubt you will find anyone on here that will tell you that you did a good job. You asked for a flame job and you are getting it.

Wow, looks a carrier full or metal goo!!! I really don't think it makes a difference how many rear ends welded.

I dont have a problem with it as long as you have a sign on your Jeep informing other people that its a welded 35.Hopefully your tow vehicle is a 4wd since youll have to get yourself out!

I actually think you did a good job. You know its going to break, you dont have the C-clip 35, and it didnt cost you anything.
Sure it might break, but you know about it, and it sounds like you can handle it. Its a lot better then the people who put ARBs and such in them and then have no idea what to do about a broken shaft. Besides, I think you missed a couple spots.
buggy62.JPG

spiders.JPG

Yeah Starboard. I'm running 4.5 lift with 31 inch tires. When I go with 33 inch tires I'll put something else with a real detriot locker in it just did'nt want to spend the money on a turdy five.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back