• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full-length 2" AALs??? Where to get them??

mjma

NAXJA Forum User
Now that RE is out of business :( where would one acquire a 2" AAL for an XJ? Full length style, not the short ones.

Guy at work who tows with his stock XJ needs a set! I told him to get them like two years ago when RE was still in business but he didn't listen....now he wants them.

If you go to the vendors section there is a post from a company claiming they "are ready to pick up RE's slack" and has full length aal's

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

If he tows and needs AAL because he sagged out the stock leafs, he is just gonna sag out the AAL. I would suggest making a "bastard pack" by adding leafs from junkyard springs. Im thinking S10 rear springs, but I have never done it.

Rusty's has em though, pretty good price too. http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RC-2121&Category_Code=LEAF

He's not the type of guy that would be interested in a bastard pack...the RE ones are the way to go. I've had experience with Rusty's and RE AALs and the RE ones are better from what I've seen (I prefer Rusty's coils though, haha) and they actually support under both bushings on the leaf, while the Rusyt's ones I've seen go further than the stock second leaf but not all the way under the bushing. He has the tongue weight way low right now and wants to put more....claims he doesn't hear any bottoming out!!

With already sagging leafs I think the 2" AALs will get him back around normal ride height and make it not sag so much when he adds more tongue weight. If it doesn't work I'll make him buy new leaf packs!!

Back