• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally starting my teardrop offroad trailer build.

I'd just like to point out that I'm subscribed to this forum. I'm also subscribed to this thread. In my UserCP this thread just sits there. In plain sight. I see it constantly. I see mention that new pictures were to be posted May17 or the next day. It's June 2nd and there has been no update. I'm not sure what to do. I need updated photographs as soon as possible, please. Thank you.

Are you copying my design? I'm sorry if my performance doesn't meet up to your expectations but if that is so, tough.

I've been sick and had a daughter getting married. I will post up the pix when I get around to it. If that isn't good enough for you, then unsubscribe.

Here is a front view. The diamond plate has not been attached yet. There is some L shaped diamond plate sitting on top that I will be adding to the bottom sides. As soon as I get that mounted and the last of the filon on the rear, I will put the standard aluminum channel on the front/top/back edges.

Shieth%20Drivers%20Side_zpsu5mdclqw.jpg

Here is quick shot of the side with the door.

Shieth%20Passenger%20Side_zpsoxavezzv.jpg

Here is a quick shot of the back galley area. I am building the under cabinet face frame for the two doors on the sides under the sink and stove top, and then the frame for the three pull out drawers. The white is just a sealer for the inside of the cabinets.

Just forward of the sink and stove, there will be a vertical face frame and cabinet doors.

If you look at the large flat counter top area, that will be partitioned across with the cabinet doors. The front edge of the flat area will have a face frame and cabinet doors opening into the interior. All cabinet doors will have the European style hidden hinges and fancy push button latches.

Rear%20No%20Cabinets_zpspsobtuzf.jpg

Last edited:
Are you copying my design? I'm sorry if my performance doesn't meet up to your expectations but if that is so, tough.

I've been sick and had a daughter getting married. I will post up the pix when I get around to it. If that isn't good enough for you, then unsubscribe.

lol, Pretty sure you took that the wrong way. No. Not copying your design. Like Geoff said, I'm too cheap for that. That was a very sarcastic post. I've been anxious to see how your project is coming along.

Looking good.

lol, Pretty sure you took that the wrong way. No. Not copying your design. Like Geoff said, I'm too cheap for that. That was a very sarcastic post. I've been anxious to see how your project is coming along.

Looking good.
I was hoping that was the case but you caught me sicker than a dog and my wife and daughter as well. We have been sick for almost 3 months. It started with the flu, then changed to a nasty sinus infection, then on to bronchitis. I am being pressured from all sides. Heck, have to help my daughter get into her new home and I am moving to a new home in three weeks as well, while working 10 hours a day.

Moving my garage/shop is a BIG undertaking. It would be nice to have the trailer done.

Never marry an interior decorator. I am finally getting her to downsize from 6800 ft on the golf course with an indoor pool and hot tub, to a 5800 ft on the lake (4 years ago) , down to a 3800 ft. with no golf course or lake. (now).

There is going to be one hell of a garage/moving sale.

Last edited:
Love the updated pics.

Thank you.

Good luck on the garage sale and move.

I was hoping that was the case but you caught me sicker than a dog and my wife and daughter as well. We have been sick for almost 3 months. It started with the flu, then changed to a nasty sinus infection, then on to bronchitis. I am being pressured from all sides. Heck, have to help my daughter get into her new home and I am moving to a new home in three weeks as well, while working 10 hours a day.

Moving my garage/shop is a BIG undertaking. It would be nice to have the trailer done.

Never marry an interior decorator. I am finally getting her to downsize from 6800 ft on the golf course with an indoor pool and hot tub, to a 5800 ft on the lake (4 years ago) , down to a 3800 ft. with no golf course or lake. (now).

There is going to be one hell of a garage/moving sale.

They maybe 6,800 sqft houses?!

I've got a 2,200 sqft house (Me, wife and 3 daughters) and I feel like it's huge. lol

Got a little bit more done. I put the diamond plate on permanently, including the bottom rail. I also added the beauty trim that seals the joints up the front, across the top, and down the back.

diamondplate1_zpskde1gwgi.jpg

Hopefully things will progress faster now. I spent $200 going to the doctor and found out that the reason I have been sick for the last three months was the flu that triggered a sinus infection causing bronchitis that then caused pneumonia. Got some drugs and hopefully will start feeling alive again shortly. I was coughing so hard that I cracked a rib. :puke:

I hope all is well for you and your family.
And, also looking forward to updates on this awesome project.

I need to take some more pix. The rear hatch is completed. I just need to finish the cabinets and lay some carpet. We are getting ready to move, so time is tight.

Moving day. Didn't completely finish it before I had to move to the new house. I had the air bags a bit too inflated and between the jeep and the front of the trailer, I had about 1500 pounds of tools and crap. Even at that, it pulled nice.

20150725_124223_zpsr97y1myp.jpg

I love finding progress pics on this trailer.

Congrats on getting it roadworthy in time to help you move.

It wasn't that tough. You do have to fill out some simple paperwork and have the State Patrol inspect the trailer. Your plates will run around $75 a year.

Your plates will run around $75 a year.

Ouch! You got California beat on that. I pay about $30 or so ever five years for my "permanent" plates on my M416.

*yes, I also find their definition of permanent to be amusing.

Finally getting back to working on this project. Between working 60 hours, being sick, and tearing up a knee, and the wife having two surgeries, and throw in moving, it has been a crappy year. Trying to finish up before having the knee operated on in the next month or so.

20160820_211336_zpsk7hvlcch.jpg

20160822_062848_zpsavgpij1i.jpg

I stick built the frames, doors, and even the drawers with full extension slides.
I still need to finish putting in the rest of the latches and handles, but it is coming along.

20160822_062858_zpsopq6il4k.jpg

20160822_062906_zpsjb0n6xlk.jpg

20160822_062931_zpscqkbhwrz.jpg

Last edited:
Got some unexpected time off and finally got everything wrapped up and ready to go.
hRd1r1.jpg

Back