• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coy Hill

2000bluexj

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone seen this yet? http://www.friendsofcoyhill.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=138
From what i read it looks like the section between prendville/old warren rd to the water hole at the other end of coy hill is closed until they can figure out where the rd is. The trail follows the washed out areas, but they are saying it doesnt follow the right of way. anyone know about this? I thought this section was open. As long as you didnt stray away from the main trail you were okay?

i was unaware of iut until i saw this on the friends of coy forum. Just passing it on. Hopefully we will be able to wheel out there again. from what i read over there, the trail doesnt exactly follow the rd, so im looking at some topos of the rd and aerial imagery and figuring out where the actual right of way is so that mayb we can reloacte parts of the trail onto that and not be trespassing anymore.

Some of the work you describe is already being done to my understanding at least. "Friends of Coy Hill" is a joint effort by EC4WDA and NE4WDA to repair the damage done by illegal wheeling , rebuild good relations with the landowners and eventually regain access to some of that land. the areas everyone has talked about that were something more than a dirt road are nnot legal and probably never were. going up there at all now would hurt a lot of effort on the part of these groups (that includes many of us here) and would just set tall of our efforts back that much more. Stay informed on what FOCH , NEA,EC4wDA are up to. When the time comes for clean ups, etc. I know there will be plenty of people eager to head up there to help out.

Art Triggs said:
going up there at all now would hurt a lot of effort on the part of these groups (that includes many of us here) and would just set all of our efforts back that much more. Stay informed on what FOCH , NEA,EC4wDA are up to.

Exactly.

2000bluexj said:
i was unaware of iut until i saw this on the friends of coy forum. Just passing it on. Hopefully we will be able to wheel out there again. from what i read over there, the trail doesnt exactly follow the rd, so im looking at some topos of the rd and aerial imagery and figuring out where the actual right of way is so that mayb we can reloacte parts of the trail onto that and not be trespassing anymore.

have you registered at FOCH?? if you are really interested in helping go ahead and post your interest over there and just get into the discussion.. there are actually VERY FEW poeple over there working behind the scenes.. get ahold of Mike Belben if you want to know everything they have going on...

Back