• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want a soft riding XJ

I went through this same thing on my last two XJs. Had bilsteins that rode too stiff. I ended up swapping in some rear shocks (monroe) off a 2004? Rav4 on some bar pin eliminators and that works great for me. Very easy to compress the shock, and rebound dampening is decent. I'm also on the RE 4.5" coils.

Also, IRO just came out with their "trail tamer" shocks for the XJ. I might have tried these out if they were available when I was doing shocks. They have a built in bumpstop too. Very affordable.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

This post https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/springs-heights-their-spring-rates-613756/ claims the RE1310 has a rate of 164#. That is plenty soft if true, which is why I think the spring is not the problem.

I wish PAC spring still made Jeep coils. Appears they don’t. Not in their catalog anyway.

I still think that you're overthinking this.

- The BDS leaves are supposedly 230 lbs/in which is pretty stiff. Either remove a leaf or try a different leaf pack. Obviously cheaper to remove a leaf (or two). IRO 3.5" leaf pack looks nice to me, and IRO says its around 180 lbs/in.
- Install longer shackles.
- Try some less hard core shocks.

Back