• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 Vacuum System

You have spark on #4 I assume? Tested voltage at the injector? On an 89, the computer controls the positive connector to the injector, and the ground sides go to the connector by the dipstick. Compression?

I wouldn't be surprised if the injectors need some love though. At this age, the original steel body ones might be rusted through. Cruiser posted a contact for getting decent refurbished Bosch injectors. Beware the "new" ones on eBay for cheap are chinese knockoffs and a lot of people have reported issues with them

Brand new cap, rotor and wires pull plug wire no change in idle

The previous owner did a hack job "fixing" four mouse chewed wires and while I was cleaning that mess up, I figured the wiring could be an issue. Once it was rewired I tried again and no difference when pulling the plug wire.

Next step I pulled the fuel rail and with a little tug injector 6 started spewing and almost all of the o-rings where jacked up. My plan is to clean them up, and try bench testing them. They did have some rust on them and needed attention anyways.

You have spark on #4 I assume? Tested voltage at the injector? On an 89, the computer controls the positive connector to the injector, and the ground sides go to the connector by the dipstick. Compression?

I wouldn't be surprised if the injectors need some love though. At this age, the original steel body ones might be rusted through. Cruiser posted a contact for getting decent refurbished Bosch injectors. Beware the "new" ones on eBay for cheap are chinese knockoffs and a lot of people have reported issues with them

Back