• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Official Event Thread

OddBallXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This thread will be used to post the official information for the event. Official trail runs will be scheduled with start times, leaders, minimum requirements, etc. The 1st post will be updated as the event scheduled is confirmed.

!!!!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
OFFICIAL TRAIL RUN INFORMATION

Minimum requirements for official runs
Easy (no mins)
Med (32's 1 locker)
Hard (35's 2 lockers)

Times listed are depart times. Please be ready to roll at the listed time.

Driver Meeting 0845 each day

FRIDAY
Easy – CrashSomers 0900 cb 5
UT

Med- TheMud 0930 cb 6
LT
UT

Hard- Gasman 0915 cb 7
Conda
JD
Pred

SATURDAY
Easy- CrashSomers 0930 cb 5
LT

Med- Gasman 0915 cb 7
JD
Pred

Hard- TheMud 0900 cb 6
Conda
LT
UT

CB ch4 - main camp
Ham 146.94 (–) 162.2 PL
146.52 simplex

All drivers who intend to participate in an official run must sign the appropriate roster prior to leaving camp.
Roster sign up forms will be posted at jporvaz’s camp
If you have questions concerning the min req’s, contact the trail leader or jporvaz

Other trails available depending upon availability of trail leaders. Wildcat runs are allowed. Minimums are suggestions only for wildcat runs. Min's to be adhered to on official runs. Trail leader has the option of denying a vehicle on an official run

Last edited by a moderator:
So....... I don't have rights to update the 1st post, so I will be using subsequent posts to update. Please try to keep this thread free from clutter. If you have any questions or suggestions, either post them in a different thread, start a new thread, or PM me. Thanks.

Wed- 4/7 Organizers will start to set up camp

Thu- 4/8 unofficial runs. Anything goes

Fri- 4/9 Official runs to be scheduled for varying degrees of difficulty. Minimum requirements will be adhered to.

Sat 4/10 Official runs to be scheduled for varying degrees of difficulty. Minimum requirements will be adhered to
............. Potluck style dinner. Bring a main dish for yourself and a side dish to share.

Sun 4/11 Unofficial runs. Anything goes

This will not preclude anyone from doing a wildcat run. Find a leader, find someone to go with, and go have fun.
The official runs will be arranged to get the maximum number of rigs through a particular series of trails with the least possibility of carnage.

Camp site coordinates and link to map will be posted soon.

Stay Tuned.

Camping Spot: N34.00420 W112.16117

From Phoenix
: North on I‐17 to exit #236 (Table Mesa Rd). Exit and turn left (west) to cross overpass, then immediate right (north) just past overpass onto the access road 236K.Pavement ends in . mile—follow main dirt road, passing a fenced in area on the left for the gas pipeline pump station (aka “second airdown”) Veer RIGHT at the first "Y". Cross under power lines, then veer LEFT
at the second “Y” (approx GPS: N33.99561 W112.14821) , heading northwest. In about 2/3 mile, CROSS the cattle guard. Main camping area on the right.

From Flagstaff and points North:
South on I-17 to exit #236 (Table Mesa Rd). From exit ramp take 1st left to NB on access rd 236K. Frontage rd is on the West side of the freeway. Pavement ends in . mile—follow main dirt road, passing a fenced in area on the left for the gas pipeline pump station (aka “second airdown”) Veer RIGHT at the first "Y". Cross under power lines, then veer LEFT at the second “Y” (approx GPS: 33.99561 W112.14821), heading northwest. In about 2/3 mile, CROSS the cattle guard. Main camping area on the right.

Last edited:
The only permit/s required are a State Trust Land permit if anyone plans to run Raw Deal (stock friendly). There will not be any official runs on Raw Deal. This trail also has a limit of 15 people (not rigs) at any particular time.

No permits are required for camping or the trails that are on BLM. I've been working on it. Been very busy at work.

Official run info will be posted within the next week.

It is HIGHLY recommended that all AZ off-roaders obtain an AZ State Trust Land permit. Many of the trails that we use regularly impact AZ State Trust Land and it is in everyone's best interest to have a permit.

You can obtain a permit from:
http://www.land.state.az.us/programs/natural/recreation_permit.htm

You can always go down the office too. You dont have to mail it in. My wife went and got mine and two other peoples at the same time. So you can send some one for you as long as you fill out the for with all info and sign it. The person doesnt need the others I.D. Just letting you know it might be helpful.

Thank you. I appreciate the added information.

You can always go down the office too. You dont have to mail it in. My wife went and got mine and two other peoples at the same time. So you can send some one for you as long as you fill out the for with all info and sign it. The person doesnt need the others I.D. Just letting you know it might be helpful.

Information Update:

The BOD and volunteers have been watching the status of the Agua Fria river for the past couple of weeks. The river has been flowing deep and wide during this time. At current, the river is about 3 ft deep at the road crossing and has been running at 4 ft. Jeeps and other vehicles have been using the crossing to reach the trails. There have been several recoveries of vehicles trying to cross the river that became stranded in the middle.

I have been monitoring the NWS water gauge located at Rock Springs (about 8 miles north). The water level has been dropping but not very fast. In anticipation of further rain forcast for this week, and the possibility of snow run-off I am building a contingency plan of having Rockfest in the Florence Junction area. The BOD has contacted AZ State Land Dept and they have agreed to handle a group permit application in an expidited manner due to our situation. This group permit would allow Rockfest camping to be on State Trust Land off Cottonwood Rd.

I need your help ASAP. I am posting a poll in another thread to determine the interest in holding the event in FJ due to the weather situation.
**** I also need 20 people to provide their name, address, and phone number so that we can complete the AZ STL permit and get it walked through ASAP. This is merely to have the permit available in the case that the location is changed. Please PM your information ASAP

PLEASE, do not post your comments in this thread. Please use the poll thread or PM me your comments concerning this situation. I will continue to monitor the river situation on a daily basis and have plans to visit the area to monitor.

Thank you for your understanding.

JP

how did the roads leading to the campsite fare with the storms we had a while ago? are they still passable for a large motorhome or a truck with cabover?

Messages that I found on other forums say the roads are rough but passable as long as you take your time with big rigs.

OFFICIAL TRAIL RUN INFORMATION

Minimum requirements for official runs
Stock (no mins)
Med (32's 1 locker)
Hard (35's 2 lockers)

Times listed are depart times. Please be ready to roll at the listed time.

Driver Meeting 0845 each day

FRIDAY

Stock – CrashSomers 0900 cb 5
UT

Med- TheMud 0930 cb 6
LT
UT

Hard- Gasman 0915 cb 7
Conda
JD
Pred

SATURDAY

Stock- CrashSomers 0930 cb 5
LT

Med- Gasman 0915 cb 7
JD
Pred

Hard- TheMud 0900 cb 6
Conda
LT
UT

CB ch4 - main camp

Ham 146.94 (–) 162.2 PL
146.52 simplex

All drivers who intend to participate in an official run must sign the appropriate roster prior to leaving camp.
Roster sign up forms will be posted at jporvaz’s camp
If you have questions concerning the min req’s, contact the trail leader or jporvaz

Other trails available depending upon availability of trail leaders. Wildcat runs are allowed. Minimums are suggestions only for wildcat runs. Min's to be adhered to on official runs. Trail leader has the option of denying a vehicle on an official run.

i can bring some firewood. i dont know how much, it depends how much i can cram in the jeep

kinda sux i can only make it out saturday night and sunday ild like to do some actually wheelin with the group

i will be wheeling sunday so your welcome to join

Please keep this thread clean. If you have questions, please post in another thread. I will respond to the questions already posted in the "general chat" thread.

Back